10.2.2 Three-Year Bachelor of Arts Degree Programs
A. General Academic Requirements
Candidates for Concordia University of Edmonton’s three-year Bachelor of Arts programs:
- Must complete a total of 90 credits.
- Must complete 6 credits from each of
- courses in the Faculty of Science
- courses offered by the departments of Social Science or Psychology (CNST, ECO, HIS, INDG, POEC, PSCI, PSY, SOC)
- courses offered by the departments of Fine Arts, Literature and Languages, or Religious Studies and Philosophy (ARAB, ARTH, CHIN, CLAS, CLIT, CREE, DRA, ENG, FR, GERM, GRK, HEBR, LAT, MUS, MUP, MUPB, MUPE, MUPH, MUPK, MUPP, MUPS, MUPV, MUPW, MUED264 (Handbells and Handchimes for Children and Youth), PHIL, POPC, REL, SPA, WRI).
- Must complete a minimum of 24 credits in a concentration. A higher minimum is specified in some concentrations. Please refer to each concentration for maximum credits allowed.
- Must complete at least 18 credits in a minor, of which 6 credits must be at the senior-level; alternatively, a second concentration is permissible. The minors permitted for each concentration are specified in section 10.2.2.C.
- May take no more than 42 credits of junior-level courses for credit toward a degree.
- Must present credit in a 30-level Language Other than English or one of
- ARAB 102 (Arabic Language for Beginners II),
- CHIN 102 (Beginners' Chinese II),
- CREE 102 (Beginners' Cree II),
- FR 102 (Beginners' French II),
- GERM102 (Beginners' German II),
- GRK 102 (Introductory Classical Greek II),
- HEBR102 (Biblical Hebrew II),
- LAT 102 (Introductory Latin II),
- SPA 102 (Beginners' Spanish II), or
- any senior level course in ARAB, CHIN, CREE, FR, GERM, GRK, HEBR, LAT, or SPA.
- May include core course requirements in concentrations and minors. However, the same course may not be counted toward both concentration and minor requirements.
- Must take a minimum of 3 credits in 5 different disciplines.
- May take no more than 42 credits in any one discipline.
- Must take a minimum of 72 credits in Arts and Science courses.
- Must take at least 42 credits in Arts courses.
- Must maintain a minimum Grade Point Average of 2.0.
- Must complete 30 of the 90 credits required to graduate at Concordia University of Edmonton. Moreover, at least 18 credits of the last 30 credits must be completed at Concordia University of Edmonton (Residency Requirement, section B).
- May receive up to 60 credits from another institution. Transfer credits may vary depending on program requirements.
Please refer to the individual Concentrations for restrictions. Students planning to take courses for credit at other institutions must follow the procedures for Visiting Student Permission, section 4.4.3.A.
- To graduate, must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.0 and a GPA of 2.0 in the credits required for the area of concentration. For further information, see Graduation Requirements, section 9.7.1.
B. Residency Requirement
Candidates for Concordia University of Edmonton’s three-year Bachelor of Arts degree must complete the specified credits at Concordia University of Edmonton (section A.13). Students who plan to take courses at other institutions must first follow the procedures for Visiting Student Permission, section 4.4.3.A.