The Research & Faculty Development Committee (RFDC) is part of the university’s General Faculties Council (GFC).
One of the main roles of the RFDC is to adjudicate research-related awards.
What is the RFDC?
- The RFDC is composed of GFC-elected members from each of the five Faculties at Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE).
- The Vice-President Academic & Provost is the Chair of the RFDC.
- The Associate Vice-President Research serves as Co-Chair.
- Representatives of the BMO-CIAR, the Research Ethics Board, and the Office of Research Services serve as advisory, non-voting members.
In which processes does the RFDC participate?
The RFDC provides advice on many research-related matters, including:
- adjudication of Internal Research Grant applications,
- adjudication of Student Research Grant applications,
- adjudication of Reduction in Teaching for Research Purposes Award applications,
- adjudication of Sabbatical Leave applications,
- policies, procedures, and guidelines related to research, and
- performance reviews of Research Institutes, Centres, and Clusters.