Convocation Day Schedule of Events
Share your graduation experience with us using the #CUEconvocation hashtag.
Convocation will take place at Northlands Edmonton Expo Centre, 7515 118 Avenue NW, Edmonton.
11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Cap and Gown Pick Up – Meeting Room 107
- Signs will direct you to the gowning room. Staff will be available to assist you.
- Pick up your cap and gown early so that you have time before Convocation to take pictures with family and friends.
- Programs will be available for graduates in the gowning room.
- There will be a supervised coat check in the gowning room for graduates
1:00 p.m. – Assemble for Procession
- With your gown and cap on, move to the procession line. TASSELS ON THE RIGHT SIDE.
- Graduates will receive their degree, certificates or diplomas in the following order:
- Faculty of Arts
- Master of Arts in Biblical and Christian Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Psychological Assessment
- Graduate Certificate in Psychological Assessment
- Bachelor of Arts – 4-year
- Bachelor of Arts – 3-year
- Church Music Certificate
- Faculty of Education
- Bachelor of Education
- Faculty of Management
- Master of Information Systems Assurance Management
- Master of Information Systems Security Management
- Graduate Diploma in Information Assurance
- Graduate Diploma in Information Security
- Bachelor of Management
- Faculty of Science
- Graduate Diploma in Environmental Public Health Practice
- Graduate Certificate in Public Health Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Public Health Strategic Communications
- Graduate Certificate in Public Health for Vulnerable Populations
- Bachelor of Environmental Health
- Bachelor of Science – 4-year
- Bachelor of Science – 3-year
- Faculty of Arts
- Please line up alphabetically (by last name) according to your program (following the program). Signs for each degree will be posted. Marshals will be able to help you.
2 p.m. – Convocation and Installation Ceremony – Hall H
- Maintain an interval of two to three feet from the person in front of you. As you enter the hall, the marshals will direct you on where to sit.
- Men: Tradition dictates that you remove your mortar board when you are sitting.
- Women: Please keep your mortar board on throughout the ceremony.
- If you already have a degree, do not wear your previous hood during the ceremony.
- If you are receiving two degrees at this convocation, please remove the first hood you receive before going up to receive your second hood.
- As you approach the stage you will receive a name card. Hand this card to the name reader on the side of the stage and wait until he reads your name aloud.
- Proceed across the stage to kneel and receive your hood. If you are physically unable to kneel, stand beside the kneeler and lower your head to receive your hood.
- After receiving your hood, walk to the Chancellor to shake his hand and pause for a photograph.
- Return to your seat as directed.
- Please refrain from leaving before the ceremony is finished. Convocation is a celebration for all graduates!
4:30 to 6 p.m. – Chancellor’s Reception in Honour of the graduates – Hall G
- Join the Chancellor’s Reception and celebrate your success!
4:30 to 5 p.m. – Pick Up Parchment & Return Gown
- Pick up your parchment package from the robing room.
- Return your gown before 5:00 p.m.
- Failure to return your gown may result in the withholding of your official transcripts, shipping charges for returning the gown to the rental company, and/or the cost of the gown.