Convocation Day Schedule of Events
Share your graduation experience with us using the #CUEconvocation hashtag.
Convocation will take place at the Edmonton Expo Centre, 7515 118 Avenue NW, Edmonton.
11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Cap and Gown Pick Up – Hall G
- Signs will direct you to the gowning room. Staff will be available to assist you.
- Pick up your cap and gown early so that you have time before Convocation to take pictures with family and friends (see Academic Regalia policy).
- Programs will be available for graduates in the gowning room.
- There will be a supervised coat check in the gowning room for graduates
1:00 p.m. – Assemble for Procession – Hall G
- With your gown and cap hood (if applicable) and gold cord (if applicable) on, move to the procession line. TASSELS ON THE RIGHT SIDE.
- Graduates will receive their degree, certificates or diplomas in the following order:
- Faculty of Arts
- Master of Arts in Biblical and Christian Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Psychological Assessment
- Graduate Certificate in Psychological Assessment
- Bachelor of Arts – 4-year
- Bachelor of Arts – 3-year
- Church Music Certificate
- Faculty of Education
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership
- Bachelor of Education
- Faculty of Management
- Master of Information Systems Assurance Management
- Master of Information Systems Security Management
- Graduate Diploma in Information Assurance
- Graduate Diploma in Information Security
- Bachelor of Management
- Faculty of Science
- Graduate Diploma in Environmental Public Health Practice
- Graduate Certificate in Public Health Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Public Health Strategic Communications
- Graduate Certificate in Public Health for Vulnerable Populations
- Bachelor of Environmental Health
- Bachelor of Science – 4-year
- Bachelor of Science – 3-year
- Faculty of Arts
- Please line up alphabetically (by last name) according to your program (following the program). Signs for each degree will be posted. Marshals will be able to help you.
2 p.m. – Convocation Ceremony – Hall F
- Maintain an interval of two to three feet from the person in front of you. As you enter the hall, the marshals will direct you on where to sit.
- Men: Tradition dictates that you remove your mortar board when you are sitting.
- Women: Please keep your mortar board on throughout the ceremony.
- If you already have a degree, do not wear your previous hood during the ceremony.
- If you are receiving two degrees at this convocation, please remove the first hood you receive before going up to receive your second hood.
- As you approach the stage you will receive a name card. Hand this card to the name reader on the side of the stage and wait until he reads your name aloud.
- Proceed across the stage to pause for a photo with the Vice-President Academic & Provost, and the Dean of your faculty.
- After receiving your hood, walk to the Chancellor to pause for a photograph.
- Return to your seat as directed.
- Please refrain from leaving before the ceremony is finished. Convocation is a celebration for all graduates!