Improve your knowledge and understanding of HACCP
Food Safety in Canada continues to evolve with changes in policy and legislation both at the provincial and federal level.
Over the course of four days, you will understand and be able to describe the various components of traditional “codex” HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) systems, as well as the application of Good Manufacturing Practices as it applies within a fully documented HACCP program, and be able to apply concepts of HACCP plan development.
Great course! Don’t just take our word for it:
“Well-designed course, great group discussions and materials used,
very knowledgeable instructor, course increased overall knowledge
on HACCP and practical use in complex food safety program.”
“Very informative-practical group discussions and experience sharing, enticed with instructor knowledge.”
“Very well done course, instructor is very knowledgeable
Practical and career focused
The Food Safety Enhancement Program (FSEP) of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is used as the basis for this course, including standard requirements and associated documentation.
Use your professional development hours
This course is approved by Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspector (CIPHI) Council of Professional Experience (CoPE) for 35 Professional Development Hours. (CoPE approval # CPC-2017-004)
- Understand various components of traditional HACCP Systems
- Describe benefits and challenges of HACCP
- Learn and apply skills in developing documentation for pre-requisite programs
- Understand HACCP plan development
- Apply the Critical Control Point Decision Tree
- Develop components of HACCP plans through case studies
- HACCP plans Continued
- Understand key concepts of auditing
- Describe differences and similarities between Audits and Inspections
- Apply auditing principles
- Understand what third party HACCP standards cover
- Understand Food Safety Enhancement Program (FSEP) approval process
- Understand how the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) is influencing food safety nationally and globally
- Discuss modified HACCP systems
- Discuss modifying HACCP for Small and Medium Size Establishments
- Review US FDA, Safer Food Better Business, and Food Control modified HACCP systems
- Discuss EHO / Environmental Public Health Role in HACCP
Note: This course can be customized to fit your training needs and objectives.
- $2,500 +GST per participant
- 7 participants minimum
- Includes all training material.
Students who successfully complete the course will be issued a Certificate of Completion.
Not offered this semester. To discuss a customized training schedule for groups of 7 or more, please contact email@example.com