- 24–30 credits required, to include:
- Foundation Course:
- SOC 100 (Sociological Concepts and Perspectives)
- Statistics and Methods:
- SOC 210 (Introduction to Social Statistics) (MAT 151 (Introduction to Statistical Methods) and PSY 211 (Statistical Methods for Psychological Research) are acceptable equivalents)
- SOC 315 (Introduction to Social Methodology)
- Theory Studies:
- SOC 332 (The Development of Sociology I)
- SOC 405 (Special Topics in Sociology)
- 9–15 credits of unspecified SOC courses with a maximum of 3 credits at the junior level.
- In addition to the above, students must complete:
- 6 credits of courses in the Faculty of Science.
- 6 credits of ENG courses
- 6 additional credits of courses offered by the Departments of Fine Arts, Literature and Language, and Philosophy and Religious Studies (ARAB, ARTH, CHIN, CLAS, CLIT, CREE, DRA, ENG, FR, GERM, GRK, HEBR, LAT, MUS, MUP, MUPB, MUPE, MUPH, MUPK, MUPP, MUPS, MUPV, MUPW, MUED264 (Handbells and Handchimes for Children and Youth), PHIL, POPC, REL, SPA, WRI).
- Permissible minors:
- All minors listed in section 10.6 other than Sociology and Forensic Studies.
WRI 300 (Essay Writing (Non-fiction))
is strongly recommended.
General Academic Requirements ↩