This page is under construction. Please check back regularly for updates!
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is proudly located in the historic Virginia Park neighbourhood, steps from Edmonton’s river valley. Our campus is on the traditional territory of the Treaty Six Nations and the homeland of the Métis Nation of Alberta (Region IV), and the lands on which we occupy were once used as a trading and gathering place for the Cree, Dene, Nakota Sioux, Blackfoot, and Métis peoples.
At CUE, we strive to be a globally aware and responsible university focused on the needs of our learners and the community. Our mission is to prepare students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders, and citizens for the common good, and we are committed to doing what we can to have a positive impact locally, nationally, and globally.
Our approach to promoting positive neighbourhood relations has four primary pillars:
- Outreach: Maintaining open communication between CUE, our neighbours, and the surrounding community through initiatives like our Town and Gown committee.
- Connection: Inviting the community to be actively involved at CUE, and seeking opportunities to bridge existing gaps between students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- Engagement: Creating opportunities for the community to participate in CUE’s decision-making processes, and ensuring processes account for the interests, needs, and concerns of the community.
- Pride: Fostering a sense of community pride and ownership among students, faculty, and staff at CUE.
- Town and Gown. As part of our commitment to fostering positive neighbourhood relations, CUE hosts Town and Gown meetings regularly. These meetings are open to members of the CUE community and our extended community, and provide a forum for discussion and collaboration. Click here for more information.
- A Century of Promise. In 2021, CUE is celebrating one hundred years as a community of scholars gathering in Edmonton and growing into the world. To commemorate the occasion, we have launched a dedicated webpage filled with stories, a timeline, historical photographs, and more. Click here for more information.
- Neighbourhood Clean-Up: Save the Date! We are planning a neighbourhood clean-up on Wednesday, September 29, 2021 from 2pm to 6pm. More information can be found here.
- Need a space for your next event? Contact Conference Services.
- Have a big idea but need resources and/or support? Contact the BMO Centre for Innovation and Applied Research.