The Writing Centre
The Writing Centre is a free service that provides one-on-one writing consultations and tutoring for studies in English.
Where we are
The Writing Centre is in the Student Success Centre (114 Hole Academic Centre), across from the Bookstore.
How can we help?
The Writing Centre can help with a range of writing and English skills at any stage of your assignment or program, such as:
- Analyzing literature
- Developing a strong thesis statement
- Structuring your essay
- Supporting your argument with appropriate evidence
- Questions about grammar
- Citing your resources (APA, MLA, etc.)
Please note that the Writing Centre is subject to the terms of academic honesty as outlined in Section 9.2.5 of the Academic Calendar. As such, we will not correct your papers or tell you what to write. Instead, we will help you develop skills to improve your own writing.
Booking an appointment
Click on the button above to see available 30-minute appointment slots. Appointment hours are variable, and the Writing Centre is closed on days that classes are not in session.
- Two appointments (maximum) can be scheduled back-to-back
- If you would like feedback on your writing, please email a writing sample in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring a printed copy of your writing to your appointment
- If you are more than 10 minutes late, you may lose your appointment
During the Spring and Summer terms, support is available on a drop-in basis in the Student Success Centre.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please use the link provided in your email confirmation to cancel it.
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance
- Students who miss 2 appointments will be suspended from the service
Contact the Writing Centre at email@example.com.