The Writing Centre is a free service that provides one-on-one writing consultations for assignments in any course or program. It also offers tutoring for English courses.
If you missed the 24-hour cutoff for booking an appointment or have a last minute question, check here to see if there are drop-in sessions available today.
How we can help
The Writing Centre can help with a range of writing and English skills at any stage of your assignment or program, such as:
- Analyzing literature
- Developing a strong thesis statement
- Structuring your essay
- Supporting your argument with appropriate evidence
- Questions about grammar
- Citing your resources (APA, MLA, etc.)
Please note that the Writing Centre is subject to the terms of academic honesty as outlined in Section 9.2.5 of the Academic Calendar. As such, we will not correct your papers or tell you what to write. Instead, we will help you develop skills to improve your own writing.
Booking an appointment
Sign into Online Services to see available 30-minute appointment slots. Appointment hours are variable, and the Writing Centre is closed on days that classes are not in session.
- Two appointments (maximum) can be scheduled back-to-back
- If you would like feedback on your writing, please email a writing sample in advance to email@example.com
- Bring a printed copy of your writing to your appointment
- If you are more than 10 minutes late, you may lose your appointment
The Writing Centre is open during the Fall and Winter semesters. If you would like help during the Spring and Summer semesters, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please use the link provided in your email confirmation to cancel it.
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance
- Students who miss 2 appointments will be suspended from the service
Where we are
The Writing Centre is in the Student Success Centre (114 Hole Academic Centre, across from the Bookstore). Until classes are all back on campus, appointments will be held online.
Contact the Writing Centre at email@example.com.