In light of the measures that are being taken in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, all individual and drop-in tutoring is being delivered online.
Please see below to book an appointment.
Tutoring Services and Tutor Registry
Our tutors give individualized instruction in a field of study that they are knowledgeable or accredited in. They work one-on-one with you to help you understand your course material.
We offer two ways for you to access tutoring help:
1. Tutoring Services Appointments
You can click the button above to book an appointment with the Tutoring Service. All CUE students can access up to five FREE hours of tutoring each semester.
• Tutors are CUE undergraduate and graduate students who have successfully completed the courses they tutor
• Appointments through the tutoring service are 30 minutes long, and up to two sessions can be booked back-to-back
• Appointments must be made and/or cancelled at least 24 hours in advance
• Insufficient notice for cancellations will result in a loss of tutoring privileges
You can contact any tutor from our registry to arrange a meeting day and time. Tutors charge an hourly rate based on their education and experience, and you are responsible for payment. There is no limit to how often a student can use the registry.
• Tutors on the registry are current CUE students and non-students with degrees in the subjects they tutor
• Session length and frequency can be negotiated with the tutor
• Tutors reserve the right to set booking and cancellation rules
Note: CUE is not responsible for any disputes between tutors and tutees
Looking for help with writing? Try the Writing Centre!
Other Options for Finding a Tutor
• Talk to your professor: they may be able to recommend senior or graduate students they feel would make excellent tutors
• Write an ad and post it around campus (be sure to have it approved by Student Life & Learning beforehand)
• Try other tutor services and registries, such as:
www.tutordoctor.com (up to 2nd year university English & Math)
Note: CUE does not check or approve the tutors on these websites
Things to keep in mind when hiring a tutor
Tutoring involves you investing your time and money, so treat hiring a tutor like you would hiring any other service provider:
• Ask questions about the tutor’s credentials, hourly rates, and where they can meet
• Be sure to bring all of your materials (notes, textbooks, laptop, pen and paper, etc.) to your session
• Tutors are there to help you understand your course material better; they are not going to complete assignments for you or simply give you answers
• For the safety and comfort of both you and your tutor, always meet in a public location (e.g., a library)
Interested in being a tutor?
Tutoring is an opportunity to apply what you have learned, develop stronger communication skills, and build work experience.
Job description and application process for the Tutoring Service and Tutor Registry
Academic reference form
Tutee reference form
For more information, contact:
Toll free: 1-866-479-5200 x854