Tutoring services at Concordia are a free service that provides one-on-one tutoring for students in a variety of courses.
- 30 minutes long
- two 30 minute sessions may be scheduled back-to-back
- must be booked at least 24 hours in advance
- students may book up to 5 hours of tutoring per semester
- cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance (insufficient notice will result in a loss of tutoring privileges)
- please bring all relevant course materials to your appointment
If a student does not provide sufficient notice for cancelling an appointment, or does not show up for an appointment, they will not be able to book additional appointments for the current semester.
If you have used your 5 free hours for the semester and you require more tutoring, you can contact tutors through the tutor registry (see below).
Would you like to be a tutor? Apply here: Student Tutor Application
Questions? Contact Kelsey Hunden at 780 491 6854 or email@example.com.
A Tutor is someone who gives individualized instruction and is knowledgeable or accredited in a particular field of study. You might consider hiring a tutor once your five hours of free tutoring per semester through Tutoring Services is complete, or for specialized course content at any time during the semester. While Concordia does not arrange tutors for students, we hope the information in the Tutor Registry will help you succeed in finding one.
Check here for a complete list of Concordia tutors: Winter 2019 Tutor Registry. Or, pick up a copy of the Tutor Registry at Student Life & Learning, HA 114, Peter Schiemann Center, Hole Academic Building.
There are several things to keep in mind when looking for a tutor:
- Hiring a tutor is like hiring any other service provider; it’s your time and your money. Ask questions about the person’s, credentials, hourly rate and where tutoring sessions would be held. ALWAYS try to meet your tutor in a neutral location.
- Talk to your professor. They may be able to recommend senior or graduate students they feel would make excellent tutors.
- Write a personal ad to post around campus. (Be sure to have it approved by the Student Life & Learning before you post it!)
- Have you found a great tutor who is not listed in our Registry? Let us know and we’ll contact them about being included for the benefit of other students.
For more information, contact:
OTHER TUTOR REGISTRIES
www.tutordoctor.com (up to 2nd year university English and Math)
Disclaimer: Tutors posted on these websites are not contacted or approved in any way by Concordia University of Edmonton. Concordia is not responsible for any issues which may arise as a result of tutor/tutee interaction.