Quick links

International Student Supports

Students can receive support from the International Office in a variety of ways. The International Office is the main on-campus resource for international students for an array of student supports including immigration and settlement supports.

The International Office is the only department able to assist with student immigration matters. Individuals who do not hold a RISIA or RCIC designation, are not authorized to provide immigration-related advice. The International Office currently has a RISIA designated personnel on staff. Designated RISIA personnel at the university do not act as representatives for students on immigration related matters but may assist by providing general advising and guidance. 

Students may also receive settlement support and information on navigating life in Canada. The International Office can assist with questions on various topics such as acquiring a Social Insurance Number, how to file taxes, how to use the Edmonton Transit System, how to open a bank account and more.