REFLECT ON YOUR GO ABROAD OR INTERCULTURAL VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES
What is Intercultural Engagement Reflection?
Reflect on what you’ve learned from participating in the International Engagement Certificate Program, as well as on global issues, the importance of intercultural communication skills in the workplace, immigration and the contributions of cultural diversity in Canada, along with the challenges of living in complex world with new phenomena such as digitalization, mass media, technology disruption, de-globalization, intercultural health care and global pandemic.
This course contributes to the requirements of the International Engagement Certificate Program.
3 Hours Total
Prerequisites – Minimum of 18 credits completed at CUE with a GPA equal to or above 2.50
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Students will be able to explain what intercultural competency is and justify why it’s important
- Students will be able to assess their education abroad or volunteer experience and identify areas of growth
- Students will be able to evaluate trends in immigration and cultural diversity in Canada
- Students will be able to develop strategies for effective communication in multicultural settings
- Students will be able to apply international engagement skills to their future learning and career
- Students will be able to analyze challenges and opportunities in the complex world
|SECTION||Course ID||2023 DATES||FEES|
|A||X-SOC 93||September 1 – 30, 2023||FREE|
|B||X-SOC 93||October 1 – 31, 2023||FREE|
|C||X-SOC 93||November 1 – 30, 2023||FREE|
|D||X-SOC 93||December 1 – 15, 2023||FREE|
|E||X-SOC 93||January 10 – 31, 2024||FREE|
|F||X-SOC 93||February 1 – 29, 2024||FREE|
|G||X-SOC 93||March 1 – 30, 2024||FREE|
|H||X-SOC 93||April 1 – 25, 2024||FREE|
Email us at email@example.com