BMO Centre for Innovation and Applied Research
What we do
Our mission is to advance industry and community interests by building and strengthening connections between CUE and external partners turning knowledge and ideas into solutions.
The BMO-CIAR provides a woven approach for connecting multi-departmental research activities to external stakeholders including project collaboration, research commercialization, and business incubation and accelerator services.
The BMO-CIAR can be found in the state-of-the-art Allan Wachowich Centre for Science, Research, and Innovation.
How can we connect?
- Industry and community relations: Enable meaningful connections between CUE and external partners.
- Research Commercialization: Mobilize CUE research results into the market.
- Intellectual Property Protection: Facilitate the protection of viable intellectual property created by CUE’s research results.
- Entrepreneurship Development: Assist students, recent grads, youth and Indigenous entrepreneurs to identify and develop alternative career paths through one-on-one mentorship, workshops, seminars, and networking events.
- Business Incubator: Transition entrepreneurial ideas into reality through business development support, infrastructure, and mentorship.
- Global Business Accelerator: Provide youth based local start-up businesses the resources to compete globally, and opportunities to collaborate with international businesses.
- Customized Training: Respond to industry and community needs by creating adaptable and innovative industry and corporate training.
- Community Outreach: Find opportunities in the community to develop research collaborations.
The BMO-CIAR also assists in the “business process requirements” of research allowing faculty to focus on the research itself, thereby creating a team approach in developing and commercializing research opportunities.
The BMO-CIAR can provide assistance in any of the following areas:
- Identifying potential industry and community partners
- Developing project collaborations
- Guiding project scope and budget creation
- Providing project contract negotiation
- Protecting intellectual property
- Providing commercialization services
For more information, contact: