Research is a key element of the intellectual development of faculty and a visible demonstration to the broader community of Concordia University of Edmonton’s commitment to academic excellence. Established in 2017, the Office of Research Services was created to support and enhance this aspect of academic life at Concordia University of Edmonton.
Research at our institution is a process of inquiry that generates new knowledge. It may involve scholarly, scientific, or creative activities in a field of specialization that results in the development of new insights that are communicated to a broader academic community. It may include the creation, composition, or performance of works.
The Office of Research Services at Concordia University of Edmonton supports faculty and students, contributing to a vibrant research and teaching climate at the university. We,
- Promote the culture of research among members of Concordia University of Edmonton,
- Guide faculty and students with their research and scholarly engagement at three key stages: planning, implementation, and dissemination/application.
- Facilitate collaborative research endeavours between faculty and, where appropriate, students.
- Administer research funding at Concordia University of Edmonton, and assist faculty and students in the pursuit of funded research opportunities.
- Provide administration oversight on the responsible use of funds, to warrant that all funded research activities are conducted according to policies, ensuring compliance and continuous eligibility for sponsor funding.
- Promote dissemination activities, such as the Annual Research Forum and Poster Competition.
- Develop and review internal policies and procedures, as related to research.
- Collaborate and establish strong networks of research, including promoting the creation of Research Clusters, within and beyond Concordia University of Edmonton.