The OEC will support and develop lifelong learning opportunities to local, national, and international communities. Flexible methods of delivery, a variety of course content, extra curricular and cultural events and excursions, and engagement with CUE community partners and international partners are the highlights of the OEC.
The main objectives of the OEC are to:
- build and maintain relationships between CUE and external stakeholders (local and international stakeholders)
- manage community outreach activities for students, faculty and staff
- encourage local and international students to study at CUE, especially during the most beautiful season of our campus in the summer.
In harmony with Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE)’s mission and vision, the Office of Extension and Culture at CUE endeavors to provide students, staff, faculty, and community with a diversity of life-long learning choices in a welcoming and engaging environment, outside of our academic programs.
We are committed to supporting the development of students through a responsive curriculum, relevant academic support, and flexible learning activities and programs.
Connect with the world through extension learning and cultural engagement
- To provide local, national, and international communities with quality continuing education and professional development opportunities through flexible and customized hands-on learning activities.
- To conduct assessment and evaluation for professional skills for the purpose of career advancement or life success through testing programs and test preparation programs.
- To support CUE students, faculty, and staff ‘s social and cultural outreach to communities through collaboration and engagement with CUE Faculties and strategic partners.
- To empower CUE students, faculty, and community members in extension and culture related applied research, indigenization, and inclusion projects through scholarship opportunities.
[Approved by the Executive Council of the Office of Extension and Culture on February 17th, 2022]
All programs and activities under the Office of Extension and Culture are non-credit.