Enhancing Ethical Reasoning and Critical Decision Making for Healthcare Professionals
In today’s complex and ever changing world, effective ethical decision making is critical to the reputation and long-term success of any healthcare organization.
How do you get through the moment of critical choice?
Many individuals and organizations are overwhelmed by the far-reaching complexity of emerging issues and ethical pressures. Through the delivery of effective ethics training, Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) can assist in bring clarity to multi-faceted issues in order to implement ethical practices and create effective solutions.
Bridging the gap
The Enhancing Ethical Reasoning and Critical Decision Making for Healthcare Professionals workshop has been designed to bridge the gap that exists in current ethics training by using an applied ethics, hands-on approach. Using lecture, group discussion and customized case studies, the objective of the workshop is to guide individuals and organizations to make better decisions when faced with ethical dilemmas. By the end of the workshop, the participant can immediately apply what they have learned to solve issues in their workplace.
Topics of discussion include:
- Unwrapping ethical leadership including systematic moral analysis & obedience to authority
- What are moral emotions, equilibrium & imagination?
- Why must one be aware of moral muteness or myopia & self-serving bias?
- A case for concern: international issues impacting the public’s health
- Understand the importance of the many biases hindering moral/ethical practice.
- Make better moral/ethical decisions that positively affect organizations.
- Understand the importance of ethical leadership at the moment of critical choice to manage ethical dilemmas.
- Examine how one can assess colleagues’ approach ethical decision making in order to create better conflict resolution outcomes.
Who is this course for?
This workshop can be customized to fit your training needs and objectives.
This course is designed for Healthcare Professionals in the not-for-profit, government, human services, and health sectors, including Boards and Commissions encountering emerging conflicts and ethical pressures.
- $250 +GST per participant
- 10 participants minimum
- Includes all training material, refreshments, and certificate of completion
- Course code: X-HEA 04
- Offered in a 1/2 day format with flexible start times
- One day workshop from
- 9:00am to 2:00pm, OR
- 11:00am to 4:00pm, OR
- 4:30pm to 7:30pm.
- Day of offering scheduled as per demand.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org