5. Psychology (Applied Emphasis)
Students must apply for admission to this program. Specific admission requirements are published in section 3.3.
For continuation in the program, students must pass PSY 486 (Field Placement I), maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 in the credits applicable to the degree, and a minimum GPA of 2.3 in applicable PSY credits.
- 42–60 credits required, to include:
- Foundation Courses:
- Statistics and Methods:
- PSY 211 (Statistical Methods for Psychological Research) or equivalent with a minimum grade of C- (MAT 151 (Introduction to Statistical Methods) and SOC 210 (Introduction to Social Statistics) are acceptable equivalents). The Psychology Department strongly recommends PSY 211 (Statistical Methods for Psychological Research).
- PSY 311 (Intermediate Statistics) and PSY 319 (Research Designs and Intermediate Statistical Methods in Psychology)
- Theory and Breadth:
- Practice Foundations:
- Field Placement:
- 3–21 credits of unspecified senior-level PSY courses
- In addition to the above, students must complete:
- 6 credits of ENG courses.
- 6 credits of courses in the Faculty of Science.
- Permissible minors:
- All minors listed in section 10.6 other than Psychology.