5.7 Student Residence
Residence contracts are for a full academic year (September to April), although students are invoiced for the Fall and Winter terms separately.
- University Residence/Meals (2021–2022):
- Residence Fees (per semester)
Shared Room (Double Occupancy): $2050.00 Private Room: $3045.00
- Declining Balance Meal Plan
All Undergraduate students are required to purchase a meal plan. The minimum non-refundable amount is $1,830 per semester. This will be credited to the declining balance card at the beginning of each semester. Students may add additional funds to the meal plan by visiting the Student Accounts office or the Bookstore on campus.
5.7.1 Residence Experience Deposit
A Residence Experience Deposit in the amount of $500.00 must be paid upon final acceptance to residence. This $500.00 Experience Deposit is only refundable if the student remains in residence for the duration of their Residence Contract and is not responsible for any damages to the residence. The cost of damages, lost keys or outstanding student fees may be deducted from the Residence Experience Deposit.
Cancellations in advance of move-in are subject to the following policies:
If you cancel your residence contract before moving in, you may be eligible for a full or partial refund of your Residence Experience Deposit, in the following circumstances:
- If you do not receive admission to an academic program at Concordia University of Edmonton, you may be refunded the deposit provided you submit your cancellation form at least fourteen (14) days before the official move-in date. Proof of non-admittance may be requested by Housing Services prior to providing a refund.
- If you are unable to move into residence (or attend Concordia University of Edmonton) you may be refunded the full $500 deposit provided you submit your cancellation as soon as reasonably possible after you become unable to move into residence, and in any event no later than the official move-in date. Medical documentation may be requested by Housing Services prior to providing a refund.
Email Direct cancellation requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students may be eligible for a partial refund of the Residence Experience Deposit if their Residence Contract is cancelled in advance of the official move-in date, as follows:
- A $400.00 refund will be issued if the cancellation is received by July 1st 2021 for the Fall 2021 Semester or November 1st 2021 for the Winter 2022 semester.
- A $300.00 refund will be issued if the cancellation is received by July 31st, 2021 for the Fall 2021 Semester or November 20th 2021 for the Winter 2022 semester.
5.7.2 Residence Programming Fee (2021–2022)
|Residence Programming Fee (per semester):||$75.00|