Grade 12 courses listed below are based on the Alberta Education curriculum and nomenclature.
With the exception of English Language Arts 30-1, acceptable Alberta Grade 12 subjects have been placed into four groups: Group A (Humanities), Group B (Fine Arts), Group C (Sciences), and Group D (Other).
Subjects presented for admission must be 5 credits in weight.
Group A (Humanities)
|Social Studies 30-1
|Language or Language and Culture courses at the 30 or 35 level
|American Sign Language and Deaf Culture 35-3Y
|Aboriginal Studies 30
- Two courses from the same second language cannot be used to meet more than one Group A subject requirement.
- Applicants wishing to present either a 35-level language or a language other than one of those presented at the Grade 12 level in Alberta should contact Admissions.
Group B (Fine Art)
|Adv Acting/Touring Theatre 35
||Applied Graphic Arts 35
|Band Music 35
||Choral Music 30
||Communication Technology Adv(CTS)
|Contemporary Dance 35
||Drawing (Adv Techn) 35(CTS)
||Film & Media Arts 35(CTS)
||Film Studies 35
|General Music 30
||Instrumental Jazz 35
||Instrumental Music 30
|Jazz Dance 35
||Leadership in the Arts 35
|Musical Theatre 35
||Painting (Adv Techn) 35
||Performing Arts 35A, B, or C
||Portfolio Art 35
|Pottery/Ceramics (Adv Techn) 35
||Shooting the Screenplay 35
||Sculpting (Adv Techn) 35
||Tap Dance 35
|Technical Theatre 35
||Technical Theatre EPS 35
||Theatre Arts 35
||Vocal Jazz 35
- Equivalents of Music 30 or 31: Conservatory Canada, Grade 8 Practical and Grade 4 Theory; Royal Conservatory of Music of Toronto, Grade 8 Practical and Grade 2 Theory; Mount Royal College, Grade 8 Practical and Grade 2 Theory. Documents must be presented to Alberta Education for evaluation.
- Additional Fine Arts courses may be considered. For more information, contact Admissions.
Group C (Sciences)
||Computing Science, Advanced
- Only one of Mathematics 30-1 or Mathematics 30-2 may be used for admission.
- Students presenting Mathematics 30-2 for admission will be required to successfully complete Concordia University of Edmonton’s Mathematics 110 if they plan to pursue first-year university calculus.
- Additional Science courses may be considered. For more information, contact Admissions.
Group D (Other)
|Course Examples:Applied Sociology 30, Experimental Psychology 30, International Politics 30, Microeconomics 30, Physical Education 30, Work Experience 35, World Religions 30, etc.
||Advanced Level Career and Technology Series (CTS) Course Examples: Agriculture Adv, Community Health Adv, Cosmetology Adv, Foods Adv, Legal Studies Adv, Mgmt. & Marketing Adv, etc.
- Excludes Special Projects 30
- Excludes all Registered Apprenticeship Programs
- All applicable Grade 12 Group D subjects must be at the “3000” level
- Only Advanced Level Career and Technology (CTS) courses will be considered.
- Students using a Group D subject for admission must present either one 5-credit, two 3-credit, or any credit combination of acceptable Grade 12 Group D subjects to make up the 5-credits.