5.7 Student Residence
Residence contracts are for a full academic year (September to April), although students are invoiced for the Fall and Winter terms separately.
- University Residence/Meals (2020–2021):
- Residence Fees (per semester)
Shared Room (Double Occupancy): $2050.00 Private Room: $3045.00
- Declining Balance Meal Plan Options (per semester)
Option A: $1830.00 (minimum non-refundable amount), approximately 10 meals per week Option B: $2515.00 ($1830.00 non-refundable), approximately 12 meals per week Option C: $3880.00 ($1830.00 non-refundable), approximately 14 meals per week
5.7.1 Residence Experience Deposit
A Residence Experience Deposit in the amount of $500.00 must be paid upon conditional acceptance to residence. This $500.00 Experience Deposit is only refundable if the student remains in residence for the entire academic year and is not responsible for any damages in the residence and has no outstanding Concordia University of Edmonton student fees. This fee is also subject to the policies regarding Early Withdrawal and Cancellations. Returning residence students will only be required to pay the necessary funds to top up their Security Deposit if damages were assessed to it in the previous academic year. Returning residence students will have their deposit carried over from the previous residence term, without exception.
Cancellations in advance of move-in are subject to the following policies:
Most cancellations prior to move-in are eligible for a partial refund of residence fees. In some cases, the full deposit may be refundable.
In the following circumstances, a full refund of the $500 deposit will be provided, as long as the cancellation is received at least seven (7) calendar days prior to the official move-in day:
- If you are not provided admission to an academic program at Concordia University of Edmonton. Proof of non-admittance may be requested by Residence Management.
- If you are unable to attend Concordia as a result of medical or mental health reasons, a full refund will be provided. Proof of medical reason may be requested by Residence Management.
Residence Management may, in its sole discretion, provide a partial or full refund of the deposit in other exceptional circumstances even if received later than seven (7) calendar days prior to the official move-in day.
A partial refund will be provided for cancellations received at least seven (7) calendar days prior to the official move-in day:
- A $400.00 refund will be issued if the cancellation is received by July 1st 2020 for the Fall 2020 Semester of November 1st 2020 for the Winter 2021 semester.
- A $300.00 refund will be issued if the cancellation is received by July 31st, 2020 for the Fall 2020 Semester of November 20th 2020 for the Winter 2021 semester.
5.7.2 Residence Programming Fee (2020–2021)
|Residence Programming Fee (per semester):||$75.00|