13.4.3 Graduate Diploma in Information Security
The Graduate Diploma in Information Security is an 18 credit program is entirely coursework. Any coursework taken or diploma received will count towards the Master of Information Systems Security Management (MISSM) should the student or graduate apply to the MISSM program at a later date. Note that holders of the Master of Information Systems Assurance Management (MISAM) degree may not apply for the MISSM degree; however they may receive the Graduate Diploma in Information Security.
A. Admission Requirements
Admission requirements are:
- Four-year Bachelor degree from a recognized educational institution, preferably in business/management, engineering, management of information systems or computing science. Students entering the program require a minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent in the last 60 credits of undergraduate study;
- A GPA of 3.0 on a general Network Technology course and an Operating Systems course or equivalent knowledge;
- A resume;
- A security clearance;
- Demonstrated fulfilment of Concordia University of Edmonton’s English Language Requirement.
B. Program Requirements
- 18 credits required, to include:
- achieve a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 in the required courses.
- must complete 12 of 18 credits at Concordia University of Edmonton.
- complete program within 6 years
C. Graduation Requirements
Students graduate on one of the three degree-conferral dates following successful completion of their program requirements as well as the general program requirements of The Faculty of Graduate Studies, section 13.1.4. For further information about graduation requirements, see Graduation Requirements, section 13.1.5.