24–30 credits required, to include:
- 6 credits of junior-level ENG (Recommended: ENG 120 (British Literature from 1300 to 1800) and ENG 121 (British Literature from 1800 to the Present))
- One of
- One of
- ENG 324 (The Later Middle Ages),
- ENG 330 (The Early English Renaissance),
- ENG 341 (The Augustan Age),
- ENG 342 (Eighteenth-Century English Novel),
- ENG 343 (The Age of Sensibility),
- ENG 344 (Jane Austen and Adaptation),
- ENG 355 (Currents of Thought in Victorian Prose), or
- ENG 356 (Nineteenth-Century English Novel)
- ENG 491 (Literary Criticism I) or ENG 492 (Literary Criticism II)
- 9–15 credits of unspecified senior-level ENG courses
In addition to the above, students must complete:
- 3 credits in courses offered by the departments of Fine Arts, Philosophy and Religious studies, or Literature and Languages except English or Writing (ARAB, ARTH, CHIN, CLAS, CLIT, CREE, DRA, FR, GERM, GRK, HEBR, LAT, MUS, MUP, MUPB, MUPE, MUPH, MUPK, MUPP, MUPS, MUPV, MUPW, MUED264 (Handbells and Handchimes for Children and Youth), PHIL, POPC, REL, SPA).
- 6 credits in any courses offered by the departments of Social Science and/or Psychology (CNST, ECO, HIS, INDG, POEC, PSCI, PSY, SOC).
- 6 credits of courses in the Faculty of Science.
Permissible minors: All minors listed in section 10.6, except English and Forensic Studies.