Enhancing Ethical Reasoning and Critical Decision Making
In today’s complex and ever-changing world, effective ethical decision making is critical to the reputation and long-term success of any organization.
How do you get through the moment of critical choice?
Many organizations are overwhelmed by the far-reaching complexity of emerging issues and ethical pressures. Through the delivery of effective ethics training, Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) can assist organizations to bring clarity to multi-faceted issues in order to implement ethical practices and create effective solutions.
Bridging the gap
The Ethics Training (Social Services) workshop fosters abilities and values required for ethical decision making at work. Using lectures, group discussions, and customized case studies, the objective of the workshop is to guide individuals and organizations to make better decisions when faced with ethical dilemmas. By the end of the workshop, the participant can immediately apply what they have learned to solve issues in their workplace.
Who is this course for?
This workshop can be customized to fit your training needs and objectives.
This course is designed for any not-for-profit organizations, government agencies, human services organizations, and businesses, including Boards and Commissions encountering emerging conflicts and ethical pressures.
Topics of discussion include:
Part 1: In “in to win” may lead to big loss / Ethical Leadership / All is not relative
Part 2: Conflict of Interest / Gender, Technology, Privacy & Intellectual Property – Issues in Ethical Decision-Making
- Understand the importance of the many nuances to ethical decision-making.
- Understand how better ethical leadership can improve one’s organization.
- Gain insights into how good intentions will not guarantee good ethical choices.
- Demonstrate an understanding of common ethical problems in the work environment, and determine practical steps that can be taken to address those problems.
- $750 + GST per participant (includes training materials, refreshments, and Certificate of Completion)
- 10 participants minimum
Contact us at email@example.com for more information and a customized training schedule.
To see if you may be eligible for funding for this training, please visit the Funding Opportunities page.