Concordia has several posting boards on campus. Staff, students, alumni and guests can post notices with approval. You can get approval from the Welcome Centre (HA 107) or Student Life & Learning (HA 114). In order to keep the boards organized, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines. Questions regarding posting notices may be directed to Student Life who oversees the posting of materials on campus and maintains bulletin boards.
- Post only on approved Student Life posting boards
- Posters must be stamped “Approved for Posting” and have an expiry date.
- Do not use tape on any surface for any reason. Use sticky tack only (available at Student Life, or for purchase at the Bookstore) for the posting boards in the Hole Academic building.
- Refrain from over-posting information. The posting boards have limited space and it's unfair to others who wish to advertise, if space is monopolized.
- Those who post notices are responsible for removing them without damaging the surface on which notices were posted.
- Notices are taken down within one business day of the event.
Approved postings include:
- Information beneficial for the campus community.
- On-and off-campus events that are organized by faculty, staff, and students
- Off-campus events deemed to be beneficial for faculty, staff, and students.
- Notices about resources available to university students.
- Volunteer and employment opportunities
- Items for sale by faculty, staff, and students
Postings that are not approved:
- Poster that encourage inappropriate behaviour.
- Commercial advertising. Excludes advertising by the Concordia Bookstore.
- Notices and posters are not allowed in bathrooms
During CSA elections, candidates are allowed to post on glass and metal painted surfaces (e.g., doors or railings) under the purview of the CSA Elections Committee; candidates and the CSA Elections Committee are jointly responsible for removing posters after the campaign and cleaning the surfaces without damaging them.