13.4.2 Graduate Diploma in Information Assurance (GDIA)
The Graduate Diploma in Information Assurance is an 18-credit program that is entirely coursework based. Any coursework taken or diploma received will count towards the Master of Information Systems Assurance Management (MISAM) degree should the student or graduate apply to the MISAM program at a later date. Note that holders of the Master of Information Systems Security Management (MISSM) degree may not apply for the MISAM degree; however, they may receive the Graduate Diploma in Information Systems Assurance.
A. Admission Requirements
Admission requirements are:
- Four-year Bachelor degree* from a recognized educational institution, preferably in business/management, management of information systems or computing science. Students entering the program require a minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent in the last 60 credits of undergraduate study;
*Note: Students with a three-year Bachelor degree may be admissible but may be required to take qualifying courses.
- A resume;
- A GPA of 3.0 in at least two courses in financial accounting (one introductory and one intermediate) and one course in management accounting or equivalent course work;
- A security clearance;
- Demonstrated fulfilment of Concordia University of Edmonton’s English Language Requirement, section 13.1.1.D.
B. Program Requirements
- 18 credits required, to include:
- achieve a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 in the required courses.
- Must complete 12 out of 18 credits at Concordia University of Edmonton.
- complete program within 6 years
C. Graduation Requirements
Students graduate on one of the three degree-conferral dates following successful completion of their program requirements as well as the general program requirements of The Faculty of Graduate Studies, section 13.1.4. For further information about graduation requirements, see Graduation Requirements, section 13.1.5.