If you are a Concordia University of Edmonton full-time employee, faculty, academic service officer, support staff, staff officer, or administrative officer, you may be eligible to apply for a course benefit as follows:
- In courses with no minimum cap requirement, CUE Full-time Employees, Faculty, Academic Service Officers, Support Staff, Staff Officers and Administrative Officers are entitled to take a maximum of two non-credit extension and culture courses per academic year, free of charge.
- In courses with a minimum cap requirement and/or courses that are developed/facilitated by third party partners, the number of free-of-charge spots available in non-credit courses available are decided based on enrolment in each session of the course. Access to the free-of-charge spots will be on a first-come-first-served basis. The number of spots available for CUE Full-time Employees, Faculty, Academic Service Officers, Support Staff, Staff Officers and Administrative Officers in each offering will be decided as per the discretion of the Office of Extension and Culture.
To apply for the course benefit:
- Please fill in the Extension Course Benefit form
- Please send the completed form to the Office of Extension and Culture.
- The form will require you to add a CUE Student ID. For instructions on how to obtain a CUE Student ID, please see the instructions below.
- The course benefit has to be approved by the Office of Extension and Culture, Human Resources and Finance. Please allow an average of 4-5 business days for this process. The final decision will be communicated to you.
- Please make sure you only register in the course AFTER you have received approval
- Please note that submitting a course benefit form does not guarantee course remission, admission or access to the course.
CUE employees that want to register in an Extension and Culture course DO NOT have to create an account via ApplyAlberta, and can directly log in to the Online Course Selector and register in Extension and Culture courses.
CUE employees can access the Online Course Selector here.
To obtain a CUE Student ID, please go into the Online Course Selector, click “Get started”, then on your right top screen, you will see your student ID. Please make sure to add your CUE Student ID to your course benefit form.