Security of industrial control systems and other cyber-physical systems
Internet of Things (IoT) security, Network of Things (NoT) security, industrial control systems security
Dr. Sergey Butakov, Prof. Ron Ruhl
Sample research papers
- Jasjit Sidhu, Sergey Butakov, Pavol Zavarsky, Study of potential attacks on rubber PIN pads based on mobile thermal imaging, 12th Annual Symposium on Information Assurance (ASIA ’17), Albany, NY, June 2017
- Adegboyega Ogundokun, Pavol Zavarsky, and Bobby Swar, Cyber Security Assurance Baselining and Tailoring for Smart Grid Communication Systems (draft), 2017
- Igbape Ikhade Maro, Pavol Zavarsky, Hamman Samuel, Modelling and Simulation of Secured Wireless Sensor Networks for Railway Monitoring and Control Systems: Node Capture Attacks and Intrusion Detection, 2nd Singapore Cyber Security R&D Conference (SG-CRC 2017), Singapore, Feb. 2017 (submitted)
- Shireesha Katam, Pavol Zavarsky, Francis Gichohi, Applicability of Domain Based Security Risk Modeling to SCADA Systems, IEEE World Congress on Industrial Control Systems Security (WCICSS-2015), London, UK, Dec. 14-16, 2015
- Pavol Zavarsky, Karl Waedt, Andrey Kuskov, High Assurance Cybersecurity Controls against Persistent and Targeted Attacks on Instrumentation and Control Systems in Nuclear Facilities, 9th International Conference on Nuclear Plant Instrumentation, Control and Human-Machine Interface Technologies, Charlotte, NC, 2015.
- Karl Waedt, Andrey Kuskov, Pavol Zavarsky, Domain-specific Cybersecurity Applied to Instrumentation and Control Systems, IAEA International Conference on Computer Security in a Nuclear World, Vienna, Austria, June 1-5, 2015
- Karl Waedt, Eric Lillo, Pavol Zavarsky, Identification of Critical Components of Instrumentation and Control Systems and Cybersecurity Protection of the Systems, WINS Workshop on Effective Integration of Physical Protection and Cyber Security, Vienna, Feb. 17–19, 2015
- Nubea Pryde Sema, Pavol Zavarsky, Ron Ruhl, Review of Attack Scenarios in the IAEA NSS 17 “Computer Security at Nuclear Facilities”, IEEE World Congress on Internet Security (WorldCIS 2014), London, U.K., Dec. 8-10, 2014.
- Pavol Zavarsky, High Assurance Cybersecurity Plan Templates for Nuclear Facilities, IEEE Int. Conference on Information Society (IEEE i-Society 2014), London, U.K., Nov. 10-12, 2014.