Professional Development Funds and Research Activities
Faculty members may use professional development funds to cover some expenses related to research.
Professional development funds may be used, among other things, for:
- Expenses related to archival information, books, journals, magazines, reference materials, and related subscriptions;
- Tuition and course costs, when not funded elsewhere and when directly related to maintaining or upgrading employment-related skills;
- Fees for conference registrations, seminars, and training programs;
- Eligible electronic equipment sourced through CUE’s IT department;
- Professional memberships; and
- Travel expenses to attend professional development activities.
CUE has released a policy and two procedures regarding the use of professional development funds. Please click the links below to learn more.