We offer an excellent program leading to 3-year and 4-year Bachelor of Arts degrees in English.
Studying English at Concordia University of Edmonton has a number of advantages:
- Our BA in English integrates a comprehensive historical approach to literature with an emphasis on literary theory and recent approaches
- We offer courses in creative and technical writing
- We offer the opportunity for students to participate in individual study with a faculty member of their choice
- Our graduates have gone on to successful careers in many fields
- Our students have been accepted into top graduate programs
- All faculty members are active in their field of research and up to date on current perspectives and criticism
- Classes are small, so you can get to know your fellow students and your instructors
English students find employment in many different fields. Not only are our graduates well prepared for further qualifying studies to become editors, journalists, librarians, or teachers but many also go on to become lawyers, politicians, or business people. In today’s marketplace, English is a flexible degree that is attractive to employers.
Interested? Click here for more detailed information about the program.