Your Research Hub
The Office of Research Services is the hub for many research-related activities at CUE. It provides day-to-day support for researchers at CUE, coordinating and providing oversight over research funds and external grants. The Office of Research Services also administers the Internal Research Grants program. For any matters related to internal and/or external funding for research, the Office of Research Services is the first and main point of contact.
The Office of Research Services at Concordia University of Edmonton supports faculty and students, contributing to a vibrant research and teaching environment at the university.
Where we can help you
- Research Funding
- Post-Award Administration
- Research Trust Compliance Review
- Expense Claims using Research Funds
- External Grant Institutional Signature Page
- Events organized by the Office of Research Services
- Important Deadlines
Office of Research Services Contact
The Office of Research Services is staffed by the Research Officer, and is under the supervision of the AVP Research. For any inquiries, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1.780.479.9215.
Mandate of the Office of Research Services
- Promote the culture of research among members of Concordia University of Edmonton;
- Guide faculty and students with their research and scholarly engagement at three key stages: planning, implementation, and dissemination/application;
- Facilitate collaborative research endeavours between faculty and, where appropriate, students;
- Promote research events and other dissemination activities, such as the Annual Research Forum and Poster Competition, the Student Research Café and the Faculty Research Symposium.
- Administer research funding at Concordia University of Edmonton, and assist faculty and students in the pursuit of funded research opportunities;
- Provide administration oversight on the responsible use of research funds, to warrant that all funded research activities are conducted according to policies, ensuring compliance and continuous eligibility for sponsor funding;
- Assist the Research and Faculty Development Committee in their service activities, including adjudication of internal research grants, reduction in teaching awards for research purposes and sabbatical leave;
- Develop and review internal policies and procedures, as related to research; and,
- Collaborate and establish strong networks of research, including promoting the creation of Research Clusters, within and beyond Concordia University of Edmonton.