Eslam G. AbdAllah, PhD
Dr. Eslam G. AbdAllah was a postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Systems and Computer Engineering in Carleton University, ON, Canada. Dr. AbdAllah worked as an Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Computer and Information Sciences in Ain Shams University in Egypt. He received his PhD from the School of Computing, Queen’s University in Kingston, ON, Canada in 2017.
Eslam has contributed to a number of journals, technical papers and reports. He has received scholarships and awards from NSERC and MITACS Canada. He won the best paper award at IEEE-DASC 2015 conference in Liverpool, UK.
Cryptography, network security, post-quantum cryptography, information centric networking (ICN), Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), and autonomous vehicles
- E. G. AbdAllah, Y.R. Kuang, and C. Huang, “Generating Just-in-Time Shared Keys (JIT-SK) for TLS 1.3 Zero RoundTrip Time (0-RTT)”, International Journal of Machine Learning and Computing (IJMLC), 2021 (accepted).
- A. Elgammal, M. Safwat, W. Badawy, E. G. AbdAllah, M. A. Azer, and C. Huang, “Vehicle Software Update over ICN Architectures”, International Conference on Ad Hoc Networks (ADHOCNETS 2020), LNICST 345, pp. 44–54, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-67369-7_4.
- E. G. AbdAllah, Y.R. Kuang, and C. Huang, “Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (AES-NI) Analysis: Security, Performance, and Power Consumption”, 12th International Conference on Computer and Automation Engineering (ICCAE 2020), ACM, Sydney, Australia, February 2020.
- E. G. AbdAllah, M. Zulkernine, and H. S. Hassanein, “Preventing Unauthorized Access Attacks in Information Centric Networking”, Wiley Journal of Security and Privacy, August 2018, e33,DOI: 10.1002/spy2.33, pp. 1-13.
- E. G. AbdAllah, M. Zulkernine, and H. S. Hassanein, “DADI: Defending Against DDoS in ICN Routing and Caching”, Wiley Journal of Security and Privacy, March 2018, e16, DOI: 10.1002/spy2.16. pp. 1-17.
- E. G. AbdAllah, M. Zulkernine, and H. S. Hassanein, “A Security Framework for ICN Traffic Management”, The 3rd IEEE Cyber Science and Technology Congress (CyberSciTech2018), Athens, Greece, August 2018, DOI: 10.1109/DASC/PiCom/DataCom/CyberSciTec.2018.00027.
- C. Liem, E. G. AbdAllah, C. Okoye, J. O’Connor, S. UI Alam, and S. Janes, “Runtime Self-Protection and Integrity Verification in a Trusted Distributed Environment”, 15th escar Europe, Berlin, Germany, November 2017.
- E. G. AbdAllah, M. Zulkernine, Y. X. Gu, and C. Liem, “Towards Defending Connected Vehicles Against Attacks”, 5th European Conference on the Engineering of Computer Based Systems (ECBS 2017), Larnaca, Cyprus, August – September 2017, DOI: 10.1145/3123779.3123794.
- E. G. AbdAllah, M. Zulkernine, Y. X. Gu, and C. Liem, “TRUST-CAP: A Trust Model for Cloud-based Applications”, IEEE 41st Annual Computer Software and Applications Conference on the 7th IEEE International COMPSAC Workshop on Network Technologies for Security, Administration and Protection (NETSAP), Torino, Italy, July 2017, pp. 584-589, DOI: 10.1109/COMPSAC.2017.256.
- E. G. AbdAllah, M. Zulkernine, and H. S. Hassanein, “DACPI: A Decentralized Access Control Protocol for Information Centric Networking”, IEEE International Conference on Communications Symposium on Communication and Information System Security (IEEE ICC’16 CISS), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, May 2016, DOI: 10.1109/ICC.2016.7511198.
- E. G. AbdAllah, H. S. Hassanein, and M. Zulkernine, “A Survey of Security Attacks Information-Centric Networking”, IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 17, no. 3, August 2015, pp. 1441–1454.
- E. G. AbdAllah, M. Zulkernine, and H. S. Hassanein, “Detection and Prevention of malicious Requests in ICN Routing and Caching”, The 13th IEEE International Conference on Dependable, Autonomic and Secure Computing (IEEE DASC-2015), Liverpool, UK, October 2015, pp. 1741–1748.
- E. G. AbdAllah, M. Zulkernine, and H. S. Hassanein, “Countermeasures for Mitigating ICN Routing Related DDoS Attacks”, The 10th International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Networks (Securecomm14), Beijing, China, Sept. 2014, pp. 84 – 92.
- Eslam Gamal Ahmed, Eman Shaaban, and Mohamed Hashem, “Lightweight Mutual Authentication Protocol for Low cost RFID Tags”, International Journal of Network Security & Its Application (IJNSA), Academy & Industry Research Collaboration Center (AIRCC), vol. 2, no. 2, April 2010, pp. 27-37.
- Eslam Gamal Ahmed, Eman Shaaban, and Mohamed Hashem, “Lightweight Mix Columns Implementation for AES”, 9th WSEAS International Conference on Applied Informatics and Communications (AIC ’09), Moscow, Russia, August 2009, pp. 253-258.
- ISSM533: Cryptology and Secure Network Communications
- ISSM536: Digital Forensics
- Technical Program Committee (TPC) member at theWorkshop on Vehicular Information Services for the Internet of Things (VISIT), Canada
- Technical Program Committee (TPC) member at the IEEE International Conference on Computer and Communication Systems (ICCCS 2020), China