The Faculty of Management History
The Faculty within Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) that gets down to business by providing unique program opportunities, is the Faculty of Management.
The first time the Faculty of Management appeared in the Course Schedule Report was Winter 1986 with CMPT357: Introduction to Computing for Business Applications as part of the Transfer Program. Since CUE’s accreditation as a degree-granting institution in 1987, the Bachelor of Management program has remained a key component of the education at the university, since 2003. The Master of Information Systems Security Management (MISSM) program launched in 2005 (and started accepting applications on January 1st, 2006), as a successor to the established after-degree diploma in information security. It was CUE’s first Master’s program and also remains one of Canada’s first graduate-level information Systems Security Management programs. The Master of Information Systems Assurance Management (MISAM) program’s first course offering was in Fall of 2013 with an official student size of about 4 students.
The Bachelor of Management, MISSM and MISAM programs have grown and produced numerous graduates!
Today, the Faculty of Management offers the following programs:
- Bachelor of Management (4-year)
- CUE- Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU) Dual Degrees in Management (4-year)
- Dual Degrees Bachelor of Management & Bachelor of Science in Chemistry Program
- Master of Information Systems Assurance Management – MISAM
- Master of Information Systems Security Management – MISSM
- Graduate Diploma Information Assurance – GDIA
- Graduate Diploma Information Security – GDIS