The paid internship is a unique and mandatory component of our Bachelor of Management program. It links the academic program with solid, real-world experience, providing you with valuable practical involvement in the business world, and the opportunity to build your networks.
- Placements are secured by the Mihalcheon School of Management
- Internship placements are scheduled during intersession (May-August) between the 3rd and 4th year of your Bachelor of Management degree
- It is for a minimum period of 13 weeks
- It’s a paid internship
- It’s worth 3 credits
You are evaluated on the completion of an academic paper, employer evaluation, and a presentation to both employers and classmates.
You will be required to write a final paper on an important issue for the organization in which you are placed. Such academic papers explore questions, problems, dilemmas that are faced by the employer. Papers must be pre-approved by both the employer, program coordinator and the Dean of the Mihalcheon School of Management.
Your employer will provide an evaluation at the end of the term based on several criteria including communication skills, performance, problem-solving and measurable recommendations.
Your presentation will reflect your work experience and final report including recommendations linked to financials.
Internship placements are arranged for the 3rd year of your Bachelor of Management degree
- Meet with the program coordinator to discuss career placement, resume, cover letter, LinkedIn page development, and internship goals.
- Students attend an internship orientation presentation
February & March
- Internships Posted
- Student applications due
- Student interview process begins
- Internships secured
- Internship combined orientation for students and employers
- Internship begins
- Site Visit #1 with employer, program coordinator and student
- Site Visit #2 with program coordinator and student at CUE
- Outline of Academic Paper due
- Academic Papers due
- Employer Evaluations due
- Student Presentations due