The Mihalcheon School of Management internship is a unique and mandatory component of our Bachelor of Management program. The internship links our academic program with solid, real-world experience.
- Placements are secured by the Mihalcheon School of Management
- Internship placements are scheduled during intersession (May-August) between a student’s 3rd and 4th year
- Minimum 13 weeks
- Paid internship
- 3 credits
- You are evaluated on the completion of an academic paper, employer evaluation and a presentation to both employers and classmates.
Students will be graded on the following:
You will be required to write a final paper on an important issue for the organization in which they are placed. Appropriate academic papers explore questions, problems, dilemmas that are faced by the employer. Papers must be pre-approved by both the employer, program coordinator and the Dean of the Faculty of Management.
The Employer will evaluate the intern at the end of the term based on several criteria including communication skills, performance, problem-solving and measureable recommendations.
Presentations will reflect the student’s work experience and final report including recommendations linked to financials.
Internship takes place during the 3rd Year of Bachelor of Management Program
- Meet with the program coordinator to discuss career placement, resume, cover letter, LinkedIn page development and internship goals.
- Students attend an internship orientation presentation
February & March
- Internships Posted
- Student applications due
- Student interview process begins
- Internships secured
- Internship combined orientation for students and employers
- Internship begins
- Site Visit #1 with employer, program coordinator and student
- Site Visit #2 with program coordinator and student at CUE
- Outline of Academic Paper due
- Academic Papers due
- Employer Evaluations due
- Student Presentations due