Quick links

Study and Work Permits

If you are an international student that wishes to study at Concordia University of Edmonton while in Canada under a study permit (student visa), you should contact the Canadian Embassy of your home country for further information.

Citizens of some countries require a Temporary Resident Visa to enter Canada, in addition to a Study Permit.

How to apply for a study permit online

  • We highly recommend that you apply online for your study permit after creating your account with Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada
  • You should apply for a study permit as soon as you receive a Letter of Acceptance from Concordia University of Edmonton
  • Please be advised not to leave for Canada until you have received your study permit approval letter and if necessary also your Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa)
  • Designated Learning Institution Number for Concordia University of Edmonton is O19073475522 (first letter being O)

Documents needed to apply for a study permit

Documents needed are also described here and the whole process of applying for study permit here.

  • Proof of acceptance – Letter of acceptance or offer of admission from Concordia University of Edmonton
  • Proof of identity – valid passport or travel document and two recent passport-sized photos
  • Proof of financial support – evidence of sufficient funds that will cover at least one year of your tuition and living expenses. Usually cost of tuition plus at least $10.000 CAD per year for single student, additional $4000 CAD for students with accompanying spouse in Canada and $3000 CAD for each additional accompanying dependent
  • Proof of medical clearance – depending on country of residence, please check here
  • Other documents – please check your local processing office for office specific requirements

If your application is approved, you will receive a study permit approval letter, and when necessary also Temporary Resident Visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization. You need to show the approval letter upon entry to Canada to receive your actual study permit.

Helpful Links