Quick links

Inviting Visitors to Canada

Most people need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) OR an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada – not both. 

If your family member or friend requires a TRV, you may wish to provide them with some supporting documentation. 

Some of the documents you may wish to provide are: 

  • Your current immigration document 
  • Your passport 
  • Proof of funds if you are paying for the visit 
  • Verification of Enrolment Letter – you can obtain this from your Online Services portal
  • Letter of Invitation

More information on writing a letter of invitation is available on IRCC’s website. Please note, CUE is not able to provide a letter of invitation on your behalf.  

Please check country specific TRV requirements in order to ensure you are providing all of the required documentation.