Arrival in Edmonton
The International Office is offering a $15 subsidy on taxi transportation from the Edmonton International Airport, for returning and new international students. Requests for more information can be sent to email@example.com.
If you are an international traveller entering Canada and will be arriving at Edmonton International Airport between August 4 and November 30, 2020, you can register for taxi transportation to your final destination.
This service is only available for both RETURNING and NEW STUDENTS TO THE FALL SEMESTER. Accompanying family members are welcome to ride with the student, however, the $15 subsidy will only apply to the student.
How do I sign up for this service?
- Registrations take 72 hours to process, so make sure you register as soon as you have your flight details!
- You can register using the form at the bottom of this page.
- Please note, if you do not register you will be charged $15 for a Skyshuttle ride and $6 for each piece of luggage.
- If your family, friends or guardian wishes to accompany you on the bus, they can purchase an $18 ticket/per person at the SkyShuttle booth.
- The Skyshuttle rides are only available between 6.00 am to 1.30 am. If you are arriving between 1.30 in the night to 6.00 in the morning, please be prepared to wait for the next available Skyshuttle or make your own arrangements (see “other ways to get home”)
- Please note there is a limit of two pieces of luggage. Additional pieces of luggage or oversized items may be subject to charge, at the discretion of Skyshuttle employees (usually $6 per piece of additional luggage)
- If you register for a free Skyshuttle ride but decide not to take it, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, flight number and date of arrival. (You may be charged $15 penalty if you register but do not use the service)
- If you are choosing Concordia University of Edmonton campus as a drop-off location, please note that we are open from Monday to Friday from 9am to 4 pm. You do not need to check in with us as soon as you land (please see welcome email for check-in details)
- If you are living on-campus, please email email@example.com to let them know of your arrival details
- Students can also choose to be dropped off close to their accommodation. Check out the Skyshuttle drop off locations here: https://edmontonskyshuttle.com/pickup-locations/ (most students pick a hotel closest to their accommodation and then use the free wifi in the hotel to call an uber or a taxi to take them to their desired location)
- Questions about this service? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I use this service?
- Once you land at the Edmonton International Airport, please make your way to the Edmonton Airport Welcome Booth, located on the arrivals level, next to the Circle K convenience store and Door 9, across from Baggage Carousel 6. You can identify it by the logos of all the Edmonton institutions (see photo above).
- When you visit the booth, you will receive information on everything you need to know to help you settle in on your first night in Edmonton.
- Volunteers will be at the Welcome booth from 10 am to 10 pm. If there are no volunteers at the Welcome Booth, approach the Skyshuttle desk (next to door 7, on the arrivals level) directly. They will be expecting you!
- Identify yourself as a student of Concordia University of Edmonton. They will have a list with your name on it and will give you further directions. Please confirm your drop-off location BEFORE the ride.
- Please note that if you have not registered and your name is not on the list, Skyshuttle will charge you $15 for the ride.
Other ways to get home:
The Edmonton International Airport is about 30 kilometres outside the city of Edmonton. There are a few ways you can get from the airport to your home.
- Taxi/Uber: The check-in counter and waiting area for taxis are located on the Arrivals Level of the airport. It costs about $70 to get from the airport to downtown Edmonton. Edmonton has a large number of taxi companies and some offer student discounts and flat rates for rides from the airport. Please make sure to ask for the discount or flat rate before you get into the taxi. Taxis are available at the airport Arrivals gate.
- Public Transit: For $5, you can take public transit, Bus 747, from the airport to the Century Park bus and light rail transit (LRT) terminal in south Edmonton. Please make sure you have exact change!
At the terminal, you will need to buy another ticket to take a bus or the train to your destination. You may not want to choose this option if you have more luggage than you can easily carry.
- Pick up: If you know someone in Edmonton who will be picking you up at the airport, the passenger pick-up area is located on the lower ramp on the Arrivals level.