Quick links

Official Transcript Requirements

What is an official transcript?

Official transcripts are issued directly to Concordia University of Edmonton by a ministry of education, educational institution or other authority. Depending on the issuer, official transcripts may be sent electronically, by mail or by courier.

To be considered “official”, transcripts that have been mailed or couriered must:

  • Show final grades for all courses taken at the institution.
  • Bear the institution’s seal/stamp and the presiding official’s original signature (e.g. Registrar).
  • Be sealed in an institution envelope and sent directly to our office by the issuing institution.
  • From institutions outside of Canada: Once sealed, it must be endorsed across the back flap of the envelope by the appropriate authority at the issuing institution (e.g. Registrar).
  • Note: Documents such as Statement of Results, Student Copy, Confirmation Copy, faxes, photocopies, notarized copies, or emailed copies are not considered official.
  • If a degree has been awarded, the transcript must be issued by the degree-granting institution and clearly show: 1) the full name of the degree awarded; 2) the degree conferment date (year, month, day). Otherwise, an official letter of degree confirmation OR a certified-true copy of the degree certificate by the appropriate authority (e.g. Registrar) must also be included.
  • Admissions address:

Concordia University of Edmonton
Attention: Office of Admissions
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, Alberta T5B 4E4

What if I am still enrolled in classes?

For applicants who are currently enrolled in classes, they should have interim transcripts sent from the institution to the Admissions Office, with final transcripts to follow after completion of studies for the assessment process to begin.

Please note: Graduate applicants must have completed their studies and be able to provide their final transcript(s) before the document deadline to be considered for admission.

Do I need to submit an official transcript from an institution that I attended only for a semester?

Yes, applicants are required to submit official transcripts from ALL post-secondary institutions where they have taken or are taking courses – whether or not they believe the record will have bearing on their admission. If you have questions or concerns, please contact our office by email.

My institution issues only one original transcript.

Ask the institution to make a photocopy of your official transcript (and degree certificate).

The appropriate authority at the institution must do ALL of the following with the photocopy:

  • Certify each page to be a true copy of the original document with the official seal/stamp and the Registrar’s signature.
  • Place the certified (attested) copy in an institution envelope addressed to our office.
  • Seal and endorse it by signing (or stamping) on the flap of the envelope.
  • Send the document directly to the Admissions Office by mail or courier. (If the institution does not want to incur mailing cost, Concordia University of Edmonton will accept the official transcript sent by the student, providing that it is received in the above manner).

My institution issues documents in a language other than English or French.

Official transcripts in the original language must be submitted as stated in (1) above.

In addition, a complete, literal (word-by-word) English translation by a certified translator must also be submitted. A copy of the original language document AND the official English translations must be sealed in an official envelope and endorsed across the back flap by the translator.

Note: There are many countries where post-secondary institutions issue official transcripts in English regardless of the official national language.

International Students

International student applicants must submit official transcripts, which are documents that list the courses studied, grades obtained, standing in class, and any other related academic information.

International student applicants will need to request all transcripts from the institutions they attended or from the government ministry in charge of education. These documents should be sent in a sealed envelope directly from the institution(s) or ministry to the Admissions Office at Concordia University of Edmonton.

Mailing Address

Concordia University of Edmonton
Attention: Office of Admissions
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, Alberta T5B 4E4

Official transcripts normally bear the sending institution’s official seal, stamp or imprint, and the original signature of the issuer. Documents such as Statement of Results, Student Copy, Confirmation Copy, facsimiles, or photocopies are not considered official documentation and will not be accepted in lieu of an official transcript. Attested copies of official transcripts are acceptable providing the attested copy is sent from the sending institution and bears the institutions stamp and original signature.

All transcripts and other international student admissions documents received by the Student and Enrolment Services Office become the property of Concordia University of Edmonton and will not be released or photocopied for the applicant or forwarded to another institution.