Graduates of this program will be well-prepared to provide leadership and service in Alberta schools.
- Part-time cohort model designed for working professional educators in Alberta
- Interdisciplinary course-based practical application of theory
- Practice oriented research project utilizing a qualitative, quantitative, or mixed method of inquiry
- Comprehensive school health and wellness focusing on physical literacy and mental health
- Integration of Indigenous Peoples’ cultural and historical topics
- Supported learning environment (instructor access, on campus library, embedded librarian, computer lab facilities, and IT support)
- Residency requirement of three weeks of campus-based instruction in both years of the program
- Hybrid program model (classroom based, blended, and online).