Be Safe! Although Concordia University of Edmonton has a low crime rate, every year a few students fall victim to acts of vandalism, theft or other crimes.
- Never leave your valuables; laptop, tablet, smartphone, package, purse or wallet unattended. That quick walk to the cafeteria washroom is all the time it takes to lose your valuables.
- Always keep expensive items on your person. Lockers and cars can be broken into. Better yet, don’t bring these articles to campus unless absolutely necessary.
- Always lock your vehicles and store valuables in the trunk or out of sight.
- Lock bicycles with a good quality lock.
- Become familiar with people who have lockers in your area.
- Keep your locker combinations to yourself and use a good quality lock.
- Walk with a trusted friend or call Campus Security, 780 479-8761 or 5555 from an internal phone, when leaving campus buildings late at night.
- Know your surroundings and do not place yourself in dangerous situations.
These styles of shrouded locks shown below make it hard for anyone to break in to your locker. If you purchase this style or another style of good quality lock you are making it hard for a criminal to steal your property.