About the Contract Management Certificate
As organizations today are entering into more – and increasingly complex – contracts, the need for contract managers and administrators to add tangible value to an organization’s contracting process is increasing. This contract management certificate program is designed to examine all major contracting activities, using a life cycle approach, enabling contract managers and administrators to add value throughout the contracting process.
Effective contract management means excelling at many different aspects of contracting, including: understanding the organizational needs that a contract must meet, knowing your supplier, executing effective negotiations, creating contracts and managing them throughout their term. Review the major phases of the contracting life cycle and develop a broad understanding of the context within which contracting activities take place.
This program is eligible towards Gold Seal Certification.
This program is offered in collaboration with Mount Royal University.
- XCAD 10001 – Contract Management Overview
- Delve into the contract management life cycle and learn about the critical components of outstanding contracts. Excellent as a review for seasoned practitioners or as an introduction for those just entering this growing profession. Upon completion you will be able to understand what contracts are, why they are utilized, and describe the stages of the contract life cycle and the activities within each phase. Students who have completed Contract Management Lifecycle XSCM 20008 are exempt from this course.
- XCAD 10002 – Gathering Contract Requirements
- Understanding your organization’s needs is vital to a successful contract. Apply the concepts from this course to ensure that every contract is built on the real business requirements and learn to maximize negotiations with clear variables for discussion. Upon completion you will be able to align contracts with the goals and objectives of the organization or department, identify and assess the impact of contract stakeholders, and create a contract requirements document.
- XCAD 10003 – Negotiating Contracts
- Be prepared to maximize every negotiation opportunity by learning the practical skills to build a winning strategy. From outlining the variables to concluding discussions, this course gives you the tools for successful contract negotiations. Upon completion of this course you will be able to develop negotiation goals and objectives, understand the three components of the negotiations process, and document the outcome of negotiations to enable effective contract development.
- XCAD 10004 – Contract Development and Signing
- Once negotiations wrap up, the important task of creating and managing your contract begins. Learn to document negotiation outcomes, understand common legal terms, get your contract signed and securely store new contracts where they can be easily referenced by stakeholders. Upon completion you will be able to understand the importance of contracts in business, define contract risks and identify risks that contracts create, and describe common contract structures.
- XCAD 10005 – Contract Management and Compliance
- Make the most of your contracts with tips for choosing the best purchasing options, winning account payable strategies and proven scorecarding and reporting techniques. Use these tools to ensure that contracts provide the long-term benefits your business needs. Upon completion you will be able to describe contract management activities, prepare for contract renewals and terminations, and understand the importance of strong supplier relationships.
- XCAD 10006 – Best Practices in Contract Management
- Using the skills and knowledge from the previous five courses you will review outcomes from each stage in the contract management life cycle through hands-on case studies. Examine real business situations, from a variety of industries, and put your contract management skills to the test.
Program Hours: 90
|Subject Code||Course Reference Number||Start Date||End Date||Course Hours||Course Fee|
|XCAD 10001-002||90356||20 Sept 2021||18 Oct 2021||15 hrs||$499.00|
|XCAD 10002-002||Not offered this term|
|XCAD 10003-002||90357||25 Oct 2021||22 Nov 2021||15 hrs||$499.00|
|XCAD 10004-002||90358||15 Nov 2021||13 Dec 2021||15 hrs||$499.00|
|XCAD 10005-002||90359||1 Nov 2021||29 Nov 2021||15 hrs||$499.00|
|XCAD 10006-002||Not offered this term|
Step 1: Select the Course Reference Number above.
Step 2: You will be directed to a page to register as a student with CUE’s Office of Extension & Culture.
Step 3: Upon submission, you will then register with Mount Royal University and proceed to booking your courses.