Contract management is the process of managing contract creation, execution, and analysis to maximize operational and financial performance at an organization, all while reducing financial risk.
As a contract administrator or manager, add value to your organization throughout the contracting process with the foundational knowledge gained in these courses. Understand the importance of all major contracting activities using a life cycle approach. Explore aspects relating to contracts, including supplier knowledge, organizational needs and creating contract requirements documents.
Explore management principles and techniques for successful contracts that you can apply immediately. Become proficient at initiating, negotiating, developing or managing contracts in a variety of industries. Align contracts with the goals and objectives of your organization or department.
Review outcomes from each stage in the contract management life cycle through hands-on case studies. Examine real business situations from a variety of industries and put your contract management skills to the test.
- Online delivery
- Enhance your career prospects
- Learn from experienced industry professionals
- Gain hands-on experience
- Earn a recognized credential
- This program is eligible towards Gold Seal Certification
- 6 required courses (90 hours)
- Can be completed in 8 months or up to 3 years
This program is offered in collaboration with Mount Royal University.
- XCAD 10001 – Contract Management Overview
- Delve into the contract management life cycle and learn about the critical components of outstanding contracts. You will build an understanding of what contracts are and why they are utilized. Review the stages of the contract life cycle and the activities within each phase.
- XCAD 10002 – Gathering Contract Requirements
- Learn how understanding your organization’s needs is vital to a successful contract. Apply the concepts learned to ensure that every contract is built on the real business requirements. Examine how to maximize negotiations with clear variables for discussion. Discover how to align contracts with the goals and objectives of an organization or department, identify and assess the impact of contract stakeholders and create a contract requirements document.
- XCAD 10003 – Negotiating Contracts
- Be prepared to maximize every negotiation opportunity by learning the practical skills to build a winning strategy. Acquire the tools you need for successful contract negotiations, from outlining the variables to concluding discussions. Discover how to develop negotiation goals and objectives, understand the three components of the negotiations process and document the outcome of negotiations to enable effective contract development.
- XCAD 10004 – Contract Development and Signing
- Learn to document negotiation outcomes, understand common legal terms, get your contract signed and securely store new contracts where they can be easily referenced by stakeholders. Gain an understanding of the importance of contracts in business and how to properly manage them. Discover how to define contract risks and identify risks that contracts create and how to describe common contract structures.
- XCAD 10005 – Contract Management and Compliance
- Make the most of your contracts with tips for choosing the best purchasing options, winning account payable strategies and proven scorecarding and reporting techniques. Use these tools to ensure contracts provide the long-term benefits your business needs. Upon completion, you will be able to describe contract management activities, prepare for contract renewals and terminations, and understand the importance of strong supplier relationships.
- XCAD 10006 – Best Practices in Contract Management
- Use the skills and knowledge you have gained in previous courses to review outcomes from each stage in the contract management life cycle through hands-on case studies. You will examine real business situations from a variety of industries and put your contract management skills to the test. * Successful completion of XCAD 10001, XCAD 10002, XCAD 10003, XCAD 10004 and XCAD 10005 is required for this course.
|Subject Code||Course Reference Number||Start Date||End Date||Delivery||Course Hours||Course Fee|
|XCAD 10001||30830||Jan 9, 2023||Feb 6, 2023||Online||15 hrs||$499.00|
|XCAD 10002||30832||Feb 13, 2023||Mar 13,2023||Online||15 hrs.||$499.00|
|XCAD 10003||30834||Jan 23, 2023||Feb 21, 2023||Online||15 hrs||$499.00|
|XCAD 10004||30836||Feb 27, 2023||Mar 27,2023||Online||15 hrs||$499.00|
|XCAD 10005||30838||Mar 27,2023||Apr 24, 2023||Online||15 hrs||$499.00|
|XCAD 10006||30840||Mar 6, 2023||Apr 3, 2023||Online||15 hrs||$499.00|
Step 1: Select the Course Reference Number above.
Step 2: You will be directed to a page to register as a student with CUE’s Office of Extension & Culture.
Step 3: Upon submission, you will then register with Mount Royal University and proceed to booking your courses.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com