About the Certificate
Businesses often rely on employees to draft contracts, turning to lawyers only for complicated circumstances or as a final check. Providing these employees with a thorough understanding of common legal implications with contracts is a critical training gap for many organizations.
Explore Canadian law as it applies to contracts. Review case studies and apply your knowledge to identify legal issues, determine the consequences, and draft clauses to mitigate risks and find business advantages.
This program is eligible towards Gold Seal Certification.
This program is offered in collaboration with Mount Royal University.
- XCAD 20001 – Contracts and the Canadian Legal System
- Examine the legal landscape in Alberta and Canada. Understand how legal obligations are created, maintained and enforced in business relationships, as well as how they form an effective component of risk management.
- XCAD 20002 – Business Liability: Tort Law and Contract Management
- Gain an overview of Canadian Tort Law, an area of law that focuses on remedying behaviour that causes unintentional harm or injury to others.
- XCAD 10009 – Contracts and Risk Management
- Learn how contracts can be developed and managed to increase the effectiveness of an organization’s overall risk management strategy/plan. Examine the elements necessary to create legally enforceable obligations.
- XCAD 10007 – The Impact of Business Structures on Contract Management
- Understand the three primary business structures in Alberta – sole proprietorship, partnership and incorporation. Create and manage contracts that utilize the characteristics of each type of business association.
- XCAD 10008 – Understanding Ownership: Property Law and Contract Management
- Examine the basic concepts of property law (intellectual, personal and real) in relation to contract management. Learn about the legal issues related to property ownership and understand how it relates to the creation and implementation of contracts.
Program Hours: 75
|Subject Code||Course Reference Number||Start Date||End Date||Course Hours||Course Fee|
|XCAD 20001-002||Not offered this term|
|XCAD 20002-002||Not offered this term|
|XCAD 10009-002||90361||20 Sept 2021||18 Oct 2021||15 hrs||$499.00|
|XCAD 10007||90546||15 Nov 2021||13 Dec 2021||15 hrs||$499.00|
|XCAD 10008-002||Not offered this term|
Step 1: Select the Course Reference Number above.
Step 2: You will be directed to a page to register as a student with CUE’s Office of Extension & Culture.
Step 3: Upon submission, you will then register with Mount Royal University and proceed to booking your courses.