Welcome, Quinn Carter, to the Office of Research Services!Posted on: Mar 31, 2021
We are pleased to welcome Mr. Quinn Carter as CUE’s Research Administrator, starting on April 1st, 2021. Quinn joined CUE in June, 2019, as Project Coordinator in the Academic Administration. Since joining CUE, he became a key support member in the office of Institutional Research and Program Development, and in the Faculty of Graduate Studies. Starting at the end of 2019, Quinn also assisted the Office of Research Services (ORS), on a part-time basis.
Effective immediately, Dr. Ramses Ilarraza, Assistant Vice-President Research (AVPR), will transfer full control of the ORS to Mr. Carter. All matters related to research grants, related expense claims and other under the purview of this office will be handled directly by our new Research Administrator.
Virtual Office Operations (preferred)
Service hours – Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 16:30, except statutory holidays
The ORS door will remain closed at all times. Virtual services, such as teleconference meetings (Google Meet only), may be requested by email. For additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message on the phone (ext. 215).
Submission of applications for research grants
External Research Grants
General inquiries about applications to Tri-Agency and other external sponsors, specific requirements and other, may be made via email. The ORS will provide information on a case-by-case basis. Additional information and assistance is generally available from the sponsor, via their website, email and/or phone.
Submission of applications to external sponsors is open. External Grant Institutional Signature Page requirements are in effect, and currently processed electronically only, via email. Please contact the ORS for further information.
Internal Research Grants
Email, phone and online communications
All emails will be responded to as soon as possible. Phone calls will be received as voicemails, and reviewed as soon as possible.
Limited Face-to-Face Service
Protocols for on-campus attendance are in effect at all times.
Until further notice, virtual service remains the preferred option of the ORS. Virtual visits via Google Meet are encouraged at all times. Limited Face-to-Face service will be available by appointment only (no drop-in allowed). Pre-arranged meetings may be held in person at the ORS (AW116) only.
Guest access to the Office of Research Services (AW116)
- Virtual visits via Google Meet are encouraged at all times, unless otherwise arranged with the ORS.
- Mask use is mandatory when accessing the ORS, without exception.
- Signs are posted by the ORS entrance asking that guests stay at the doorway; anyone invited to enter the office must respect and maintain distancing, and follow CUE-approved protocols.
- Floor markers identify areas for standing and waiting.
- In-person inquiries will be handled from a distance and behind the plexiglass barrier; chairs for guest use are unavailable.
Meetings with the AVPR
- Virtual visits via Google Meet are encouraged at all times.
- Access to the AVPR office (AW238) is restricted. No meetings are to be held in this office.
- In-person meetings will be by confirmed appointment only, at the ORS (AW116), or at a location designated by the AVPR.