For faculty: 2-week teaching opportunity in China Summer 2020Posted on: Nov 22, 2019
We are very excited to announce that our active partner in China, Southwest University, will continue to hold the Global Immersion Program in 2020.
The Centre for Chinese Studies at CUE would like to invite proposals from all Faculty Members at CUE to teach two-week intensive courses at SWU, Chongqing, China.
The proposed course should be in line with one of the undergraduate or graduate programs that SWU provides. The course will be credit-bearing and open to all qualified SWU students.
Details of the program are as follows:
- Time: Monday, July 6 — Friday, July 17, 2020.
Instructors are expected to arrive as early as Saturday, July 4 and leave as late as Sunday, July 19.
- Everything for this program is covered, including
- Round-trip air tickets;
- Visa application fee;
- Accommodation and food;
- A stipend of RMB12,000 (about USD1,714) per credit (before tax, tax rate is 20%) for Lecturers; RMB15,000 (about USD2,143) per credit (before tax, tax rate is 20%) for Professors and Associate Professors.
- Airport pick up and drop off in China; and
- Weekend city tour or cultural activities.
- Instructors are expected to deliver complete courses, including lectures, assignments, grading, etc., with face-to-face lecture time no less than:
- For graduate courses: 1 credit (18 class periods×40 minutes/period=12 hours in total); or 2 credits (36 class periods×40 minutes/period=24 hours);
- For undergraduate courses: 2 credits (36 class periods×40 minutes/period=24 hours).
- Faculty Members who are interested to teach a course in any of the fields of study that SWU offers, please submit electronic versions of the following materials to Dr. Xinxin Fang at Xinxin.firstname.lastname@example.org before December 18, 2020.
1) A copy of the biographical page of the passport: Please make sure the pixels are over 1MB, which means that information on full name, gender, nationality, date of birth, issue and expiry dates must be clearly seen;
2) Personal CV: Please refer to Attachment 3 for a sample;
3) Brief Course Description: Please refer to Attachment 4 for a sample; and
4) At least one recommendation from your supervisor, which is not mandatory but highly recommended.
- The official confirmation and formal invitation from SWU will be issued by March 27, 2020.
- For an introduction to SWU and a complete list of all the undergraduate and graduate programs at SWU, please refer to the Attachments or visit http://gjc.swu.edu.cn/s/gjc/aboutswu.html#images-preview-1 SWU accepts applications from all disciplines. Science and Engineering are strongly encouraged.
Your participation will be highly appreciated. If you have any other questions, please feel free to stop by AW 201 or email Dr. Xinxin Fang for more details.
Additional documents can be found below.