The Concordia Staff Association Executive is accepting nominations!Posted on: May 10, 2018
We are accepting nominations for the following positions on the Staff Association Executive
(see descriptions of the roles below):
- Staff Development
If you would be interested in joining us, or if you would like to nominate someone for one of these positions, please e-mail your/their name and the position of interest to email@example.com or submit your (anonymous) nomination in the Suggestion Box (Lunchroom).
We look forward to receiving your nominations!
- Contribute to a positive working relationship and a strong connection between Administration and Staff at Concordia University of Edmonton. You are the spokesperson for the Staff Association.
- Put creative ideas from members into action.
- Great opportunity to become more confident in public speaking! You chair all meetings of the Executive Committee and the General Meetings.
- Be a member in committees as Staff Representative.
- Play an active role in documenting all of the exciting discussions that take place in the Staff Executive and Annual General meetings. As well, being responsible for distributing these minutes through Alfresco.
- Offers support to the Chairperson / President should they need assistance.
- Great opportunity to practice and develop your transferable writing skills. You can use this in your existing job!
- A chance to become engaged in our Concordia community, meet new people, and be a point of contact for other members of our Staff Association.
- Together with Chairperson – reviews and approves expenses and purchases and reviews for any discrepancies.
- Communicates account information to other committee members as required.
- Good opportunity to learn how to read and understand financial reports and practice communicating information clearly.
- Organize a Staff Retreat that you would like to see happen. Put your creative and innovative ideas into action!
- Have fun organizing professional development and team building activities for the retreat with the help of the SA Executive and SA Retreat Committee.
- Work with amazing people from different campus departments.
- Time commitment: differs per week/month. On average: 1.5hr meeting per month, and .5hr additional hours per week.