Twelve one-pot meal recipes to combat ‘boring lunch syndrome’!Posted on: Nov 17, 2020
Ok, although I totally made up this ‘syndrome’…not having on campus access to kitchens/microwaves, etc., can be challenging and limit lunch options. Are you tired of packing that same old peanut butter sandwich every day? Need some new food-safe unrefrigerated lunches ideas? Read on!
- As we continue to follow distancing guidelines, it may be worth investing in a good thermos to keep soups and stews warm. With new technology, you can now keep food and fluids hot for up to 12 hours and cold up to 24 hours! Bring your bowl and spoon from home and you’re all set. Need recipe ideas…how about trying these 12 one-pot meals? There’s options to satisfy every palate! Old Fashioned Chicken Soup is also sure to please, especially on those cold days!
- Not a soup fan? Try this Broccoli and Chicken Casserole recipe.
- Another option is making your lunch out of a variety of healthy snacks. Pack a piece of fruit, Crispy Chickpeas and Pumpkin Seeds with Lime and a Buttermilk Oatmeal Muffin or Cocoa Black Bean Brownie!
- Try dressing up your peanut butter sandwich! Use a whole-grain wrap instead of bread, spread with PB, and roll up banana or apple slices. Mindful of peanut/nut allergies? Try a nut-free spread like WowButter.
- Not sure what to do with those leftover Halloween pumpkins? Check out All About Pumpkins!
Want to learn more about nutrition? UnlockFood.ca offers a variety of articles, videos, recipes, tips and tricks. Looking to brush up on your cooking skills? Watch, read, cook or listen with Insiders Project!
Prefer apps? Give these a try!
Aim2Be – Level up your life with evidence-based strategies and take small steps towards new, healthier habits. For example, discover proven strategies to help you be a mindful, healthy eater or energize your mind and body to move more!
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org