About the Certificate
Strong leadership skills are crucial to improving individual and organizational performance. Successful organizations develop their leaders at all levels. The Leadership Development Certificate is designed for individuals who aspire to become a leader, are transitioning into a new leadership role, or wish to further build their skills and strengths as a leader.
This lean, focused program delivers a flexible, interactive, performance-based approach to leadership development. Through the use of self-assessments (MBTI, DiSC Classic, Leadership Practices Inventory), guided learning activities and real world practice, participants will develop their leadership skills at four levels: personal, interpersonal, team and organizational. Students will gain exposure to practical tools, strategies and best practices for managing the challenges of becoming a leader. Working interactively with others, students will develop key skills in the areas of strategic thinking, action planning, communication, emotional intelligence, interpersonal effectiveness, team leadership, decision making and leading change.
This program is eligible towards Blue Seal Certification.
This program is offered in collaboration with Mount Royal University.
- XLEA 10005 – Effective Leadership
- Explore what it means to be an effective leader. Through various self assessment tools, reflective exercises, guided learning activities and discussions, participants will gain self-awareness of their personal leadership values, style and strengths. Through real-world application and dialogue, examine successful leadership principles, practices, skills, characteristics and behaviours for the 21st Century.
- XLEA 10016 – Communication and Interpersonal Skills for Leaders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are among the most important skills a leader can develop. Great leaders communicate clearly, authentically and persuasively to build trust, rapport, respect and understanding. This course introduces techniques and best practices to develop and improve relationships with peers, teams, managers, customers and stakeholders.
- XLEA 10004 – Leading and Influencing Others
- Effective leaders set clear goals, communicate vision, foster collaboration, build strong teams and cultivate trusting relationships. In this course, participants will explore the best practices, strategies and tools for leading, developing and influencing others. Key topics include: leading and motivating high performance, listening and involving others in the decision making process, facilitating consensual decision making, and fostering a culture of collaboration and cooperation.
- XLEA 10002 – Leaders, Culture and Change
- Exemplary leaders use the power of shared vision and instil hope for a better future. Explore leadership and culture as two sides of the same coin, including the leader’s role in building high engagement and high performance cultures. Discover specific strategies and techniques for managing change, including appreciative inquiry, strategic planning and employee engagement.
Program Hours: 60
|Subject Code||Course Reference Number||Start Date||End Date||Course Hours||Course Fee|
|XLEA 10005-002||Not offered this term|
|XLEA 10016-002||Not offered this term|
|XLEA 10004-002||Not offered this term|
|XLEA 10002-002||30416||6 Apr 2021||2 May 2021||15 hrs||$489.00|
Step 1: Select the Course Reference Number above.
Step 2: You will be directed to a page to register as a student with CUE’s Office of Extension & Culture.
Step 3: Upon submission, you will then register with Mount Royal University and proceed to booking your courses.