Coming Soon: New PhotocopiersPosted on: Apr 24, 2017
As we approach the end of April, we approach the end of our service contract with Konica Minolta. Since January, IT Services has been in the process of looking at replacement options for our print system. To cause as little disruption as possible we opted to continue using our PaperCut print system across campus. This reduced the scope of the project to looking into our options for new hardware.
After gathering internal requirements IT Services requested proposals from Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Canon, and Xerox for replacement hardware. Three of those four vendors submitted responses and IT Services reviewed those proposals taking into consideration the results of the survey we sent out in January, combined with feedback you have been providing for the past several years. As a result of this review, we will once again be engaging the services of Konica Minolta for photocopiers and printers on campus.
Over the next two months, you should expect to see photocopiers and printers arriving in your area. All the features that existed at each area will be preserved, such as colour printing, scanning, and double sided printing. Some of the new features you can expect are highlighted as follows:
- Alumni Hall will have a larger photocopier, allowing for faster print speeds as well as booklet creation.
- Faculty House photocopier will maintain the same features but will be more compact to allow for better paper storage and less tripping over paper boxes
- Library computer commons area will have 2 high speed photocopiers.
- Many areas such as Alumni House and Lower Guild Hall will have finishers allowing for sorting/stapling.
- All new devices will now have an “email to me” button.
If there are any questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org