CUE community members selected as part of the Edmonton Regional Innovation Network’s inaugural Business Development Support Program cohortPosted on: May 27, 2021
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) and the BMO-Centre for Innovation and Applied Research (BMO-CIAR) are proud to announce that several CUE community members were selected as part of the Edmonton Regional Innovation Network‘s inaugural Business Development Support program cohort.
The Business Development Support (BDS) program offers free start-up development services to aspiring entrepreneurs, matching participants with subject matter experts to help advance ideas and projects, and move them towards commercialization. The participants receive up to 100 hours of support per project. The BDS program is offered by the Edmonton Regional Innovation Network (ERIN), in collaboration with CUE, NorQuest College, the University of Alberta, and the Northern Alberta Institute Of Technology. The program is open to students, staff, and alumni who are working to take an innovation-based product or service to market.
The CUE community members who are selected to be part of the inaugural cohort are:
- Ed Boraas, who is working to further the development and commercialization of artificial intelligence-based CT scan enhancement technology;
- Dr. Conrad Van Dyk, who will be further advancing The Nature of Writing, an online english writing guide;
- Dr. Cecilia Bukutu, who is working to further develop and advance a mixed reality technology-based Public Health Simulaton Lab;
- Jason Neistch*, the founder of JnCards and co-founder of PoTown Store;
- Korah Anderson*, the co-founder of Hydro Hope farms;
- Pawan Soobhri*, the founder of Galific Inc.; and
- Divya Garg*, the founder of Livezzy.
*Designates students who are also graduates of BMO-CIAR’s Innovation Launchpad program.
Congratulations to CUE’s innovators! We look forward to seeing your projects continue to develop through this program. Interested in learning more about the BDS program? Reach out to Isha Katyal, Director, Innovation and Industry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission of BMO-CIAR is to advance industry and community interests by building and strengthening connections between CUE and external partners turning knowledge and ideas into solutions. For further information, please visit https://concordia.ab.ca/external-affairs/ciar/