SSHRC Internal Grants (SIG) – Only five days left to submit applications!Posted on: Apr 25, 2019
Application deadline is coming soon! April 30th, 2019
We are five days away from the deadline to submit applications for the SSHRC Explore and Exchange Grants competition. Please, make sure that you read and follow the guidelines, and complete the checklist for the application form you are using to apply. There are 2 forms, one for Explore Grants and one for Exchange Grants.
Do not forget the signatures. Applications need also to be signed by the Head or Director of the Department, or the Dean of the Faculty, in case the applicant is the Head or Chair of the Department.
Submitted applications that do not meet the requirements in the guidelines and checklist, or that are incomplete, will be returned to the applicant.
This funding opportunity is supported by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) through its SSHRC Institutional Grants (SIG) program and is administered by Concordia University of Edmonton through an internal merit review process.
SSHRC Explore and Exchange Grants are intended to strengthen research excellence in the social sciences and humanities.
SSHRC Explore Grants (Projects)
- Allows small-scale innovation and experimentation by providing funding to develop a research project or conduct pilot work.
- Enables researchers to hire student research assistants.
- Supports social sciences and humanities researchers at any stage of their careers.
SSHRC Exchange Grants (Dissemination)
- Allows researchers to present their research at scholarly conferences and other dissemination venues that align with SSHRC’s mandate to advance their careers and encourage the exchange of ideas and research results at the national and international level.
- Supports the organization of small-scale knowledge mobilization activities, such as workshops and seminars, to encourage collaboration and dissemination of research results within and beyond the academy.
Open to full-time regular Concordia University of Edmonton faculty members conducting research in a discipline supported by SSHRC. We encourage all eligible candidates to apply to this internal award.
Guidelines & Application Forms
For more information, please contact email@example.com