September 1 faculty orientation session schedule.Posted on: Aug 18, 2016
Dear Colleagues, please find below the draft schedule for our faculty orientation morning on September 1.
FACULTY ORIENTATION facilitated by Patrick Kamau
8.30am – Gathering and coffee.
9.00am – Greetings from Board Chair Mike Wade.
9.10am – What’s new in the library? – Dan Mirau
9.30am – What’s new in Student Life and Learning? – Barb van Ingen
9.50am – What’s new in research and internationalization? Manfred Zeuch
10.10am – What’s new in campus security? Andrew Sterne
10.30am – Coffee
10.50am – What’s new in athletics? Joel Mrak
11.10am – What’s new in the CSA? – Kelsea Gillespie
11.30am – Task force on academic freedom – Steven Muir
12.00pm – Closing.
12.00pm: NEW INSTRUCTOR SESSION – Facilitated by Colin Neufeldt
- Template use
- Contract with students
- Academic calendar authority
- Office hours policy
- Use of Moodle
- Maintaining a positive learning environment. Educational decorum and your responsibilities. Technology use.
- Instructor relationships with students.
- Instructor relationship with colleagues and staff
- Student accommodations
- Student course surveys
- Office supplies
- Copying guidelines
- Student evaluation
- Grade submission and review