About the Certificate
In this program, you will identify common childhood mental health disorders, review supports for children and their families dealing with mental health issues, and examine social and institutional systems. Raising the awareness of both the short-term and long-term implications of mental health issues in children make this program both timely and relevant.
The Children’s Mental Health program is offered in collaboration with Mount Royal University.
- XCMH 10001 – Framework for Healthy Development
- XCMH 10002 – The Child’s Social and Environmental Conditions
- XCMH 10003 – Child and Youth Resiliency
- XCMH 10004 – Mental Health I: Disorders Diagnosed in the Early Years
- XCMH 10005 – Mental Health II: Psychosis, Mood, Anxiety and Increased Risk
- XCMH 10006 – Mental Health III: Physiological Needs and Theories for Intervention
- XCMH 10007 – Systems in Criminal Justice and Child Protective Services
- XCMH 10008 – Systems in Mental Health and Education
- XCMH 10009 – Systems Collaboration
Program Hours: 135
|Subject Code||Term Offering||Course Reference Number||Start Date||End Date||Course Fee|
|XCMH 10002||No Fall Offering|
|XCMH 10004||No Fall Offering|
|XCMH 10006||No Fall Offering|
|XCMH 10007||No Fall Offering|
|XCMH 10008||No Fall Offering|
|XCMH 10009||No Fall Offering|
Step 1: Select the Course Reference Number above.
Step 2: You will be directed to a page to register as a student with CUE’s Office of Extension & Culture.
Step 3: Upon submission, you will then register with Mount Royal University and proceed to booking your courses.