Curious about Innovation Launchpad @ CUE 2019-2020 cohort?Posted on: Oct 2, 2020
In 2019-2020, thirteen CUE students participated in the Innovation Launchpad @CUE program to advance their ideas and received support and training on advancing their ideas. These students are now working on developing prototypes for their ideas and are connected to a network of industry experts.
They also represented CUE in provincial competitions (Landing page competition, 150 startups lean startup challenge and Innovation Rodeo) and mentoring programs (Student Founder program, Startup Edmonton).
Overall, this program led to participants receiving $23,500 for their companies and ideas, including:
- The Most Promising Student Entrepreneur at Innovation Rodeo was awarded to Micah Crowfoot, founder of Caw and Crow Curios
- At the landing page competition (run by 150 startups.com), Innovation Launchpad @ CUE students won a total of $4,000 in prizes in the competition! They were:
- Pawan Sobhri (1st yr MISSM), founder of Galific arts – $1,000 in highest visitor count and $1,000 in biggest mailing list;,
- Divya Garg (1st yr MISSM), founder of Study Material Online – $1,000 in highest conversion rate and $500 in mailing list; and
- Micah Crowfoot (2nd yr BA Psychology), founder of CawandCrow Curios – $500 in conversion rate.
Jason Neitsch, a fourth-year BMgt student at CUE was selected for the Student Founder Program. As part of this program, Jason was provided a stipend of $10,000 over four months in addition to several meaningful connections and valuable mentorship. Jason and his company, Jn-Cards, was also featured in the innovation edition of Avenue Magazine, in an article entitled “Concordia Student Capitalizes on the Global Popularity of Pokémon with App”.
Watch what they have to say about their experience here!
Join the 2020-2021 cohort!
Fill this short form and we will get back to you asap!
Please reach out to Isha Katyal, Director, Innovation and Industry, at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions related to this program.